Lost password

musicman

all messages by user

5/23/2023
Topic:
Financial aid

musicman
musicman
Hello, I just signed up to this website so I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this. I am a 60 year old female living with inflammatory poly arthritis . I can not and have not slept in a regular bed since 2013. I sleep in a well used lazy boy chair. I have reached out to many charities (united Way, Get Help/211, Assistive device program, Easter Seals, Lions Club, Kiwanis, Arthritis Society AND the War Amps) ALL of them responded and turned me down as they do not fund for adjustable beds. I found one charity called Ceridian Cares in Toronto and I filled out the application. I sent doctors letters as well as Occupational therapist letters and I was turned down because my area (Cornwall Ontario) had no funds available. Had I known it was depending on my area where I live I would not have applied as I am well aware of the depressed area I live in. Does ANYONE know of a charity that might help me getting funding for an adjustable bed. It is getting harder and harder as I age to get any sleep let alone a restful, heal my body sleep. I apologize as I mentioned if this is not an appropriate post for this thread/website.

Thank you in advance for allowing me to post this issue.

Kim