mbbzkrt

all messages by user

7/6/2024
Topic:
ESL certificate does not show level

mbbzkrt
mbbzkrt
Hello sir,

I have ESL certificate from George Brown Collage. I want to use this certificate for citizenship application, but I don't know whether I can use this certificate as a proof of English or not.

I saw that I can use ESL certificate which shows the level of English as an proof an language on canada.ca.

I add below the note from website:

Submit a copy of your certificate from the Adult Non-Credit Language Training Programs. These certificates must be for:
  • English as a Second Language (ESL)
The certificates must be dated December 2013 or later. They must show you have level CLB 4 or higher in speaking and listening.

Although we have to pass advanced class to be eligible to have the certificate, the certificate does not show the level of English. I asked to George Brown Collage that whether I can use the certificate for citizenship or not, they said they don't know the answer and advised me to ask a settlement agency.
I also asked some online groups the same question. Some people said that they used the English for Academic Purposes(EAP) certificate which does not show the level of English as well.

But I want to be sure. Can I use George Brown ESL certificate as a proof of language for citizenship application, although it does not show the level of language?

Can you help me please?

Thank you.