Lost password

Jaytee

all messages by user

7 days ago
Topic:
Expired Permit

Jaytee
Jaytee
I was issued a PGWP visa for less time due to passport expiry. As soon as I got a new passport, I applied for an extension of my pgwp. The extension took a long time, and in the process, my initial permit expired. I continued working on maintained status and applied for pnp, pr and bowp while on maintained status. A month after I put in my application, the pgwp was refused after 7 months of waiting.

I thought applying for bowp before a decision on the pgwp would keep me in status. However, I was informed to stop working even though I have a second application in place. The refusal letter did not give me the option to restore, but I figured I could pay for restoration and attached a new form and payment to my existing bowp application to be safe.

I am now confused about my situation, I have no visitor visa, but I'm authorized to stay in Canada pending a decision on my second application, but I cannot work. My employer has offered to support me, by providing an offer letter, but I already attached a restoration to my bowp. How do I apply for a close work permit in this situation? What are my options? Is it possible to apply for a TRV and then apply for a close work permit? Is there hope that my bowp will be approved as I met all conditions while applying (applied under-maintained status).

Thank you.