Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

10/12/2022
Topic:
Help Applying for my Child's Passport

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am hoping to apply for my child's passport but my soon to be ex husband is not in Canada. He is not a citizen nor has he been here but we are recently separated and I am not able to contact him. I know that both parents have to sign the application but what can i do if he is not answering my calls? What are my choices?
10/20/2022
Topic:
Work permit expiring soon, what do I do?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My work permit is expiring in January and I haven't recieved an invite from the express entry pool I applied for. My score is high and I feel like it will come, but if I still don't recieve confirmation by the time my permit expires will I have to leave the country? If I leave with an unconfirmed decisiion, can I apply again from my home country? I dont want to leave, but I dont have another job lined up for after my permit expires. What are my options?
10/20/2022
Topic:
Dual Citizenship and Sponsorship

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi

My question is layered. I am American and now a Canadian dual citizen, I was told that I could use my American passport to cross the border. But someone else told me I have to use my Canadian passport because I have dual citizenship. Which is correct? I want to come with my wife who is from the Nicaragua but she was also denied a tourist visa for 2 weeks in the country. I am now a citizen, how can I bring her here?

Thank you.
10/24/2022
Topic:
Waiting on Acknowledgement

ForumUser
ForumUser
I made a refugee claim and have been waiting a while for an acknowledgement from IRCC, what do I do in the meantime? I got my medical letter but I'm scared it will expire please help advise.
11/1/2022
Topic:
Parents and Grandparents Application

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have received invitation from IRCC to submitt application for my father under Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program. I have below questions before I can proceed and upload the needed forms and information on the IRCC portal.

Individuals being sponsored under the Parents and Grandparents program, are they issued Permenant Residence upon their arrival to Canada or they are issues some sort of multiple entry visa with extended period validity?

Will province of Ontario (since their destination arrival/settlement will be Ontario) issue OHIP card to them, assuming after 3 months OHIP waiting period?

My father has two sons who are 18 and 22 years old, who depend on him financially and living with my father at his house, what type of document(s) are needed to show their dependence, as you may know all transactions in Afghanistan are in cash and people never use bank transfers to pay for their children school/university fees or cost of living?

Can my brother apply for OSAP under this sponsorship to pursue his education?

I understand that they can not apply for Social Assistant under this sponsorship for 20 years, cant he also not apply for Old Age Security, ODSP, etc. and how about my fathers dependents (sons), they can not apply for any type of government (provincial or fedral) assistance as well?

Thank you so much for the help and assistance you are providing. You can reach out to me at the below contact details.

Appreciate if you can please respond at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
1/23/2023
Topic:
Can I get a new job with a Closed Work Permit?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My employer hired me this year under a closed work permit but I cannot find housing in the GTA with my salary. I have another job that is willing to take me that is also LMIA how can I change my job and keep my permit or stay in Canada?
1/23/2023
Topic:
Can I be self-employed as an International Student

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello. I am a college student in Ontario here on a study permit as an international student, can I be self-employed and run a small business? I have a small business backhome, and would like to start something similar in Canada selling clothes I make and design myself. I also graduate soon and want to apply for a PGWP will being self employed affect this application?
1/23/2023
Topic:
Landing Process

ForumUser
ForumUser
As soon as my PR was approved I arrived in Canada by car. I still am hoping to complete my landing requirement. But it seems that the border official let me in without doing any extra step. I’m a little confused because from what I understand there is a landing process I need to go through in order to complete the landing requirement. I looked up the IRCC website yet also didn’t find how I can make an appointment. What is my status? How do I find out and do I need to contact a landing office in order to finish the landing process?
1/23/2023
Topic:
Applying for Citizenship

ForumUser
ForumUser
Good Morning Sir/Madam. I am permanent resident holder in Canada. I have met the physical presence requirements for Citizenship in Canada but I spent almost a year in prison in 2014. Will this affect my application? Would applying for a pardon help me? Please advise.
3/17/2023
Topic:
Sponsoring my nephew and niece

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am a Canadian citizen and want to adopt my nephew and niece who are now in state custody in my country. My brother lost custody of the kids and none of my family members can take care of them... I can raise them but do I have to adopt them there in my country before sponsoring them? How do I bring them to Canada... Please tell me where can I go for help thanks.
3/17/2023
Topic:
Declaring Funds

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello when I move to Canada, I will bring my pension savings to live here. Will this money be taxed when I arrive? Can I land and then transfer the money? I have to declare when I arrive anything more than $10k, does that mean if I keep my money in the bank back home I don't have to report it? Can you please help me find the correct information?
10/5/2023
Topic:
Physiotherapy

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I need some physiotherapy with a doctors referral. I have started this already but I dont have work health coverage. I wonder if the clinic would help me considering my low income.

Thanks
10/24/2023
Topic:
change in marital status on PR application

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello

I received my COPR and my marital status is stated single but I informed IRCC of my change in marital status and added my spouse to my application. My COPR has the wrong information and when I submitted a form it went from approved to processing application, what can I do? Did my confirmation change? Will my wife be recognized on my application? I did inform IRCC months ago...
10/24/2023
Topic:
Sponsoring Grandchildren

ForumUser
ForumUser
My grandchildren are American citizens and I want to submit an application for citizenship by heritage. My daughter (their mother) is a naturalized citizen but I was born in Ontario. Are they still eligible for citizenship based on my heritage or does it only work if the parent is Canadian? If it makes a difference, their mother has been a citizen for nearly all her life.