Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

9/17/2020
Topic:
How do I get my Credential Evaluated as a Plumber?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Good afternoon, kindly guide how l can do my credentials evaluation, l am a plumber by profession back home, please how can l apply for Certificate for Qualification without writing exams.

Thanks, please guide me.
9/19/2020
Topic:
How do I extend PR?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Sir/Madam

I hope all is well with you. I am sending this inquiry on behalf of myself and my wife.

We both are Permanent Residents of Canada which got our PR card in 2015. Our cards will expire on Sep 28 2020 (for myself) and Sep 22 2020 (for my wife).

We both were PhD students in the USA and currently present in the USA as post-doctoral students. We had planned to move to Canada once we finish our study in the USA but due to the circumstances such as COVID-19 we are not able to travel to Canada before our expiry date of our PR card. My wife's family (both sisters) live in Canada right now and our goal is to travel to Canada after our program. I am wondering if you can advise us how to extend our PR card, if there is any, or get a travel document after the expiry date of our cards. We can coordinate a call if it works for you and we can pay all the fees for an attorney if you can help us with the extension of the PR or getting travel documents. Your help and consideration is appreciated in advance.
10/2/2020
Topic:
Can I be reimbursed for medication covered by OHIP

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, I am under the age of 25 (21) and a Canadian citizen, and for the past 2 years I have been paying for my medication at loblaws pharmacy and they told me I had to pay, when I went to shoppers today and showed them my health card they said I don't need to pay for my medication as the medication is covered for under 25. I was aware of this but loblaws pharmacy never asked me or informed me and always told me I had to pay. I was wondering how to get a refund of all my money that I have put towards my medications. I was wondering what the next steps would have to be. Thank you
11/5/2020
Topic:
My work permit has expired, what can I do?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My work permit expired. What can I do? My SIN also expired, and I can't apply for CERB.
11/12/2020
Topic:
How can I pay off my lease-to-own electronic?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello

I rent a TV and the price never goes down its a lease to own agreement and I want out. Please help.
12/9/2020
Topic:
I need information on OHIP coverage

ForumUser
ForumUser
At 67 years old, I have OHIP and I’m on work coverage. I also have status as a First Nations person. Can you tell me between all the
above why don’t they cover a specific medical procedure? And do any of theses cover new dentures? They are not the ones I asked for.
12/16/2020
Topic:
How do I cancel my OHIP?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Im living in quebec now if you can let me know when this is done I have my ramc card from quebec
thanl you for your attention on this matter
3/1/2021
Topic:
Hotel Quarantine

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Sir/Maam,

Where do I go to quarantine for COVID as a new immigrant to Canada? Do i need to do a three-day hotel stay? How do I book that, and where can I go for financial help on booking the stay for me and my family? What are the rules around this?
3/23/2021
Topic:
What do I do after divorce?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, I sponsored my husband to get his PR and after he got it I realized he married me for status. We are on the verge of divorce and I feel used, what should I do?
7/9/2021
Topic:
Can I take the online citizenship test abroad?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can I take the online citizenship test outside of Canada?
9/10/2021
Topic:
OHIP approval

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Settlement.Org,

I am writing to seek your assistance regarding availability of OHIP. I am a Canadian resident, sponsoring my wife. She has recently received her Open Work Visa. She has also secured a part-time job. However, when she first went to Services Canada, she was told she would only qualify for OHIP if employed full-time. Upon further reviewing the criteria for OHIP, it appears that she might still be eligible for OHIP. This would be under the criteria that she has, “applied for permanent residence and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada. This means that you have "approval-in-principle.”

To date my wife has received the following written confirmations:
"1. We received your application for permanent residence
2. We sent you medical instructions medical results have been received"

How can we confirm that this is approval-in-principal? We would very much appreciate your reply. It would seem very unfair if new arrivals, wanting and able to work, who might be the most at risk of COVID, would be denied any health protection.
10/13/2021
Topic:
Work Permit

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Settlement.org

I am a protected person and I have financial difficulties right now. My work permit expired by the time I knew I was supposed to renew it, it was three months too late. I lost my job during that time when I tried to look for the second job I found that the permit was expired. When I tried to apply for assistance they declined my application reasons expired SIN. What can I do to renew my permit? What are my options for work and financial assistance?
10/13/2021
Topic:
Citizenship by Heritage

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, my husband’s mother is a dual citizen of Canada the France. Can my husband become a citizen of Canada as an adult because his mother is a citizen? Do we need her information? Does it matter if she was born in Canada? Can my kids and/or I also become Canadian citizens?
1/24/2022
Topic:
Landing Date

ForumUser
ForumUser
What is the official landing date for applicants outside of Canada? Is it (A) first date of entry to Canada with COPR after COPR is issued? Or (B) date COPR is generated and mailed from the visa office to the applicant?
1/24/2022
Topic:
adoption and sponsorship specifics

ForumUser
ForumUser
When filling the form for my adopted child who is declared under "accompanied family member" for our family sponsorship application, should additional family be filled as indicated? the adoptive parents to be parents or the child's biological parents?
Thank you