Omar

all messages by user

10/6/2016
Topic:
Can my mother sponsor her niece?

Omar
Omar
Thank you for taking the time to clarify some information,

My mother would like to sponsor her niece that lives outside of Canada.

When reading through the eligibility requirements she seemed to meet everything up until the very end.

It mentions that you cannot use the sponsorship program if you have any other family members that are currently a Canadian citizen.

Does this mean my mother won't be able to sponsor her niece because I am her son who is a Canadian Citizen?

I was born here, not adopted.

She also has never used the sponsorship program in the past with any other family members.

Following this she does not have any family members from her side living here. (Brothers, Sisters, Parents, etc)

Best regards,

Omar
6/22/2017
Topic:
Marital Status confusion with Conjugal Sponsorship

Omar
Omar
I am applying to be sponsored by a Conjugal partner under the family class and I'm having some confusion with the Marital status. I know I am not in a common-law partnership or married, I also haven't previously been married or in a common-law partner. This leaves me with the options of either single or unkown. The entire reason for the conjugal application is to be sponsored by a genuine partner who you're unable to live with consecutively for a year and unable to currently marry so I find it weird to put single but am also very unsure about the unknown option as I can't find detailed information about it. It'd be great to get some help. Thanks.
6/22/2017
Topic:
Am I eligible for Conjugal Sponsorship?

Omar
Omar
I would like to sponsor my conjugal partner. I know we are not in a common-law relationship because we are unable to live together for one year due to one life being in Lebanon and another in Canada. We have both our parent's approval but the current issue is within Lebanon and spesificly our culture. It is looked down upon for an older women to take a younger man. We really wanted to setup a life together in Canada and prepare everything before marriage to avoid issues here, for the sake of her religious parents. Before applying I wanted to ensure that the given reason is eligable for the conjugal application or if the opposing reason for no marriage has to be strictly against law. Thank you.
6/23/2017
Topic:
Can She Apply for a Visitor Visa In Her Situation?

Omar
Omar
Thanks for the help in advance,

I would like to send an invitation to my partner so she can apply for a visiting visa after she finishes her schooling.

Problem is besides her immediate family we have no kids and she has no job there.

Of course our primary fear is she'll be rejected for no strings attached however she does have a reason to go back.

She is studying in the medical field and in order for her to work outside of Lebanon (where she resides) she needs to complete her colloquium from within Lebanon. Would that be enough to ensure Canada she will return back home?

I've heard of many partners going on a visiting visa in order to live together for a year for the common-law sponsor and that is essentially our goal.

Thank you in advance.
6/26/2017
Topic:
Will this plan work? (Sponsoring a partner)

Omar
Omar
More than anything I truly wish to sponsor my girlfriend but we're not currently married and can't get religiously married in Lebanon for another 3 years. There is no way for us to live in a common-law relationship and because there's no real law against our marriage the conjugal application is out of the question.

So in effort to not keep our long distance relationship from being extended another 3 years I'd like to post my plan in hopes to recieve some feedback.

During December of 2017 I would like to send her a visiting visa invite to come to Canada during her 2 week winter break. Her strings attached would be her university education. She's been in schooling for 3 years and this would be her 4th and final. We can show semester payments for the spring as well as her upcoming graduation to recieve her bachelor's and a colloquium test she needs to have done for the medical field. Will that be enough?

If being her partner and sending an invite is too risky she also has an aunt in Canada who can send one instead.

After landing in Canada we planned on having a civil marriage. From what I've read this is possible even though she's not a canadian citizen like myself and is on a visting visa.

After reviving our marriage certificate we planned on than applying for spousal sponsorship. If we can make it in time i'll have her send it inland or if its better to send it from her home country we can have that done after she returns as well.

A year later, hopefully December 2018 she would be accepted for her PR.

We've checked other requirements and have plenty of proof for genuinity and don't have much worries about proving our relationship.

If you guys see any flaws or issues within the plan it would be highly appricated if they'd be pointed out.

Thank you for your time!