bwong

all messages by user

2/8/2017
Topic:
Open work permit wait times

bwong
bwong
Hi Settlement.org team,

I applied in Canada for permanent residency through spousal sponsorship. My application reached Mississauga on November 8, 2016, and processing officially began November 29, 2016.

I applied for an open work permit at the same time; I put the application in the same envelope. As I understand it, through 2015 and 2016 there was a pilot program in place that allowed spouses to apply for their open work permits concurrently with their PR status so that they can work while their PR application is processed.

I understand that my PR wait time will be 26 months, according to the processing times available through the CIC website. However, I would really, really like to know how long it will take for me to get a work permit. In these few months, my status (that I've been checking online) has not changed.

I searched this forum for similar requests, and found that the forum Moderator typically tells these posters to call the IRCC call center to inquire about their specific case. However, my inquiry would not fit any of the requirements listed on the IRCC website for what merits a call to the call center.

Is there any other information available about how long open work permit applications take to process when they were submitted with PR applications from within Canada?

Thank you very much for your time and help. Looking forward to your reply.
2/13/2017
Topic:
Open work permit wait times

bwong
bwong
Thank you very much!