burakcayir

all messages by user

6/23/2017
Topic:
Truncated information on immigration document

burakcayir
burakcayir
Hello,

My Confirmation of Permanent Residence document has my last name with a special character "Ç" where as it appears as "C" in my PR card and all other provincial ID documents. What do you think I should write into citizenship application form?

Also my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document has my birth place as truncated as it is a long word.
Should I fill the citizenship application form with that truncated information or with the correct one?

Thank you.
6/23/2017
Topic:
Apply for Citizenship

burakcayir
burakcayir
Yes, you can travel as long as you make sure keeping your Permanent Residence physical residency requirement which is 2 years in 5 years. The reason for that is you have to keep your permanent residency till the day of your citizenship oath.
Also you may receive by mail some notifications or invitation for test, so make sure somebody can access to your mail box for the mails.
6/23/2017
Topic:
Truncated information on immigration document

burakcayir
burakcayir
Thank you. Do you think I should add an explanation letter for the birth place if I don't use the truncated information on form?
6/24/2017
Topic:
Apply for Citizenship

burakcayir
burakcayir
Yes, they will check the last 5 year, So in August 2019, they will check if you were residing in Canada for two years from August 2014 to August 2019.

Your citizenship process may take less than 1 year. So be prepared that you may have to come earlier for the oath.

Note that PR card and PR status are not the same things. So you don't need a PR card to keep your PR status. Even without your PR card, you can still get a entry document from the Canadian Consulate in your home country to come back to Canada as a PR.
PR card is just a card, you are already a PR even if your card is expired or renewed.
6/27/2017
Topic:
Place of birth confusion

burakcayir
burakcayir
Hello,
I asked the question here but also I called CIC three times and got different answers, so I am totally confused. Let me clarify my case:

In my COPR document, my place of birth is written as
"ABCD/EFGH"
which is truncated (not mistaken, just because of character limit last letter is missing) and normally it should be
"ABCD/EFGHI"
where "ABCD" is name of the city and "EFGHI" is province name.

The problem is, in my passport, my place of birth is written as ABCD (city name only, without province name)

So, in my citizenship application, what should I write? The truncated version, the correct version with province name, or only the city name? Should I explain it in a letter? Application form clearly says write it as shown on your immigration document but I am not sure anymore.
I got all three different answers from three different CIC officers. I don't want to amend my COPR document as it takes more than 6 months.

What do you suggest?