harpit

all messages by user

6/7/2018
Topic:
Child with Non-Canadian Passport & Re-entry

harpit
harpit
Hi

Child was born in Canada. We are applying for Indian passport.

I know any one born in canada is the citizen of canada , but in this case, he does not have canadian passport.

When he travels to India and re-enters back to Canada , what documents are required upon re-entry or to board the plane.?

Can we get any travel permit etc and how?

Thank you,
6/11/2018
Topic:
Child with Non-Canadian Passport & Re-entry

harpit
harpit
You mean:
If canadian born child get passport of another country, will he still be a citizen of Canada?
10/11/2018
Topic:
EI application and ROE last day worked

harpit
harpit
October 10, 2018

I've been working for a construction company for last 7 years for one owner. Due to shortage of work he is shutting down his business. My self and other employee requested for lay off, but owner issued ROE to other employee in May 2018 and asked me to continue.

He has not paid my salary for last 7 biweekly pay period except some lumpsum amount in middle of September 2018 after returning from his vacation. When he paid this in Sept 2018 , he told that when accountant comes to office he will adjust the previous paystub as he is not familiar with accounting software. Till date he has not paid the remaining salary. This kind of irregularity is not new with this company and happened in the past, where the owner has paid the late salary.

Two weeks before, I had a discussion with owner. Now he is saying that he has not paid the EI and CPP and payroll deduction to the CRA from July 2018 on wards pay period. Monthly payroll deduction are reported as "NIL" to CRA , in spite owner being aware that I am working for him and still employee of his company. He has decided to issue me ROE with last date of work as end of June 2018 and not from current October date. I am still working in office, as he asked me to continue with reduced hours. (4 hour /day). He is saying that I should not worry for the ROE back date and file the EI claim.

I am not sure how this will affect my EI benefit, as last day worked for the company will be end of June 2018 in ROE and the date of issue for ROE will be of current Oct 2018 date. He is not going to report the salary that he supposed to pay me from July 2018 till date on ROE .

What date I should put when filing EI claim application online to service Canada? Do I need to stop working for him totally to apply for EI?

Can he still remit the payroll deductions to CRA and correct his mistake? According to him, he is remitting this amount monthly to CRA.

I've worked with him for long and donot wish to spoil relationship for the sake of reference for future job with other companies. I have communicated my concerns to the owner and requested to avoid further complications. I am not sure for outcome but seeking an advise in this forum.
Thank you,
6/6/2021
Topic:
PR card renewal for minor child- Signature

harpit
harpit
HI

I am applying for renewal of PR card for my daughter first time and need help with few questions-
1) There are two boxes in item G (i.e Question 25) of application form IMM 5444. One box is for "signature of declarant" and another box says "signature of parent or legal guardian, if applicable".

Do I need to sign in both boxes OR only in one box which says " signature of parent or legal guardian, if applicable"?

2) Item 20 of renewal application form IMM 5444 require work & education history of last 5 years? Do I require to break up the education for each grade year and show it separately with vacation period, OR I can write it in one line showing entry to Junior KG and current date( for grade 2). All the grade classes are in the same (one) school (i.e. no change in school name/ location).

Appreciate your time and help to reply!
Thank you.

Harpit
11/22/2021
Topic:
PR CARD RENEWAL- RETURNED APPLICATION

harpit
harpit
HI,

My daughter's application ( minor child) for PR renewal was returned by IRCC few days back. I sent original application in June and was received by IRCC on 10 June 2021. The application form was signed on 30 May 2021.
The letter from IRCC indicates that your application is not complete and therefore is being fully returned to you for following reasons. Their letter is dated 1 Oct 2021, which I received few days back in 2nd week of Nov 2021. The reasons are -
1) Your photos do not meet the specifications
2) Application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will require that you update your absences, re-sing and re-date the application, otherwise application will be returned as incomplete.

I need to provide new photos as per first item.

I don't understand the second item. My application was received by IRCC in time and is not stale dated or post dated. Their processing delay has dragged this from June to Nov 2021 and now they need updated application. I am confused with this. Should I fill out the form (IMM 5444) entirely and update section C item 19 (Address history), item 20 (work history) and item 21 (Travel history) with current dates and sign and send the form with documents, OR
I only update the section C - item 21 ( Travel history period to be assessed i.e xx Nov 2016 to xx Nov 2021) of the IMM 5444 and change the date on signature page (section G item 25) and send it back.

Thank you for your time and help !
Harpit