all messages by user

11/28/2023
Topic:
Dentist NDEB Fundamental Exam - Study Materials

alexcray
alexcray
unnati wrote:
Hi
I want to start preparation for NDEB fundamental exam. I am wondering if anybody has books, past papers, material to read or at least guideline for preparation. It would be great if we can make study group online or in person !! I live in Guelph.
Thanks and Regards

The Dentist NDEB Fundamental Exam Practice Questions: These questions are designed to help candidates familiarize themselves with the format and style of the exam questions.
12/22/2023
Topic:
Am I eligible for free ESL classes?

alexcray
alexcray
adamzhang wrote:
Hi, this is adam.

I'm now holding visitor visa in Toronto and wanna if i can be enrolled in a free ESL training.

Im getting married with my partner who is permanent resident this month and our lawyer will submit the application for immigration after we get marriage certificates.

I'm desperately hope that i can be enagaed in a free esl calss and improve my english ability to get used to our new life.

My question is am i eligible for free esl classes and if not, any recommendation for me to consult?

Thank you for patience and kind reply in davance.

Have a good day!

Many countries offer free or subsidized ESL classes for eligible residents. In the US, for example, you can find information about local programs through the Office of Refugee Resettlement or the Department of Education's English Language Acquisition Grants website.
1/25/2024
Topic:
Recording Webinar Certified English Teacher

alexcray
alexcray
Unfortunately, I need more information about the specific webinar you're interested in before I can provide a helpful response. There are many webinars available for certified English teachers on various topics, so knowing the title, presenter, or platform where you watched it would be greatly appreciated.
1/31/2024
Topic:

alexcray
alexcray
kmiaguirre wrote:
Hi guys, where can I find the recording for this webinar: How to Become an Ontario Certified English Language Teacher (OCELT) from March 21st, 2023?

Thank you!

Look for posts on Achēv's social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) announcing the webinar. They might have included a link to the recording, if available.
2/2/2024
Topic:

alexcray
alexcray
kmiaguirre wrote:
Hi guys, where can I find the recording for this webinar: How to Become an Ontario Certified English Language Teacher (OCELT) from March 21st, 2023?

Thank you!

You haven't mentioned the specific organization that hosted the webinar, making it hard to pinpoint the recording location.
2/4/2024
Topic:

alexcray
alexcray
kmiaguirre wrote:

Thank you!

You can try contacting Achēv directly through their contact form or phone number (647-394-6123) to inquire about the recording's availability.
2/4/2024
Topic:
Dentist NDEB Fundamental Exam - Study Materials

alexcray
alexcray
unnati wrote:
Hi
I want to start preparation for NDEB fundamental exam. I am wondering if anybody has books, past papers, material to read or at least guideline for preparation. It would be great if we can make study group online or in person !! I live in Guelph.
Thanks and Regards

Unfortunately, the NDEB does not publicly release past exams. However, the practice questions mentioned above can provide a good idea of the exam format and difficulty level.
2/5/2024
Topic:
Medical Aesthetics - Alternative Jobs

alexcray
alexcray
babishsaleem wrote:
Hello,

I am a dermatologist with a vast experience of 8+ years in medical and cosmetic dermatology including procedures like Botox and Filler injections, chemical peels and lasers.

I want to know what other options I have in order to pursue medical aesthetics without going for the long and arduous process of numerous exams and hunting for residencies.

Regards

Ensure any chosen path adheres to your local and national regulations for providing medical aesthetic services. Improperly practicing medicine can have serious consequences.
2/6/2024
Topic:
Does my employer receive a tax benefit?

alexcray
alexcray
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Just for curiosity, is there any way to find out through public/shared information if the company I work for is getting tax benefits or any other type of benefit for hiring me as an immigrant? I am under permanent residency for 3 years now and they hired me last year. If yes, how does that work for them?

The reason I ask is because it is a small company and there is not much stuff for me to do that justifies my employment, besides it is not a very welcome environment for an immigrant like me.

Thank you.
2/9/2024
Topic:
Canadian Copyright Act, Crown Copyright

alexcray
alexcray
JCVincent wrote:
Are volunteers ever considered to be "under the direction and control of the Government of Canada"?

I volunteer as a photographer (for 15 years) with a facility under the direction of the Department of National Defence. Recently, this organization is attempting to take over my copyright.

In my understanding (which is reasonably extensive, as I am a full-time photographer and have been for almost 20 years), the Canadian Copyright Act 2012 C-20 is absolutely clear photographers own their copyright. There is one exception, being if that photographer is an employee, and their employment is specifically as a photographer - i.e. journalists/photojournalists; in that case, the employer owns the copyright.

The organization I volunteer with is suggesting their *invitation* I photograph their events means I am under the direction/control of the Government of Canada. I am 99.9 percent certain this is not the case. They're referring to section 1. 2. 1.3 of the Crown Copyright Document.

My position is volunteers provide their skills, expertise, and time at their own leisure, can cannot be compelled to volunteer, so cannot be under the direction or control of the government. The organization can have expectations for standards of behaviour and observation of procedures, but a volunteer can refuse to provide their time all together, and cannot be forced, coerced, or in any way compelled to volunteer their time/skills/expertise.

Seeking an informed legal opinion.

Provides exemptions for some uses, like using government works or educational materials.
2/11/2024
Topic:

alexcray
alexcray
kmiaguirre wrote:

Thank you!

Ensure you meet all the necessary criteria outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Education (OMO).
2/12/2024
Topic:

alexcray
alexcray
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Just for curiosity, is there any way to find out through public/shared information if the company I work for is getting tax benefits or any other type of benefit for hiring me as an immigrant? I am under permanent residency for 3 years now and they hired me last year. If yes, how does that work for them?

The reason I ask is because it is a small company and there is not much stuff for me to do that justifies my employment, besides it is not a very welcome environment for an immigrant like me.

Thank you.
2/13/2024
Topic:
Landlord with experience needed

alexcray
alexcray
JordH wrote:
Thank you for reading my post first off. I am a younger and new landlord in need of some advice. I had a tenant move out on the first of October and he moved downstairs with his brother. He still owes me 600$ dollars for past rent and although the brother he is now living with assured me its only temporary and I'll get my money, I dont see him leaving or any sign of it as I also live in the same building. It's a terrible thing because these guys are up all night sometimes, there is a woman and her daughter living in the same building. Its really bothering all of us. I don't know a person who vacuums at 3am. The former tenant is no longer replying to text messages or calls. It's really starting to ruin the feeling of this nice place to live for me and the other tenants because there is tools and stuff on the side of the house still that are the former tenants'. I've done a bit of research do I give the previous tenant who is no longer a tenant a L10 form, then the existing tenat a A2 form? Ideally I'd like them both out.

• Ditch text messages and send a demand letter through certified mail to the former tenant stating the amount owed, late fees, and deadline for payment. Include potential legal action if they fail to comply.
  • Consider small claims court: If the amount warrants, filing a small claims court case might be necessary. Consult with a lawyer familiar with landlord-tenant laws in your area to understand the process and potential costs.
2/14/2024
Topic:

alexcray
alexcray
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Does your employer own the laptop and simply allow you to use it for work purposes? Or do they gift it to you and allow you personal use as well? The ownership structure plays a significant role in whether the employer receives a tax benefit.
2/15/2024
Topic:
English Public Elementary & Secondary Enrollment

alexcray
alexcray
Felix_H wrote:
Hi there,

I'm a Canadian citizen living abroad, and I plan to move back to Ontario with my kids in a couple of years. Would you mind helping me with the general dates / deadlines to register my kids with the local public (English) schools (Elementary & Secondary)?

If I want to start my kids in September for the new school year, what are the typical due dates to register with public schools ahead of time?

Are public schools open during the summer vacation months (July & August) to manage administration?

Thank you!

Felix

While deadlines can vary, aim to register your children at least 6 months before the desired start date, which in your case would be around March 2025 for a September 2025 start.