Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password
 

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

WES - Wrong Assessment - Please Help 

Guest


Posted On: 6/28/2020
Guest
My name is jayakanth and my WES reference number is 4323685IMM, I received my report on 24th of February 2020 and I would like to know why Master's equivalency is evaluated as bachelor's 4 years? Albeit the university where I completed my Masters is deemed but It's recognised by UGC under section 3 of 1956 Act. Most importantly, it's approved by AICTE as well as NAAC with 'A' grade. Last but not least, it's full time regular course with 2 years curriculum.
My Bachelor would be BBA (3years)
And Master would be MBA (2years)
Looking forward for your positive response as the evaluation has closed my door to future prospects.
link
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099


Posted On: 6/29/2020
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Kausar
Kausar
Posts: 1


Posted On: 9/3/2020
Kausar
Kausar
Posts: 1
WES has considered my Regular Full-Time MBA Guru Gobind Singh University, India as One year Post Graduate Diploma. Somebody, please suggest, will other organizations such as ICAS/ICES/IQAS consider it as 2 years MBA or not?
link
Harsh00721
Harsh00721
Posts: 1


Posted On: 9/11/2020
Harsh00721
Harsh00721
Posts: 1
Hi guys my name is Harsh Patel I did Diploma level 5&7 from New Zealand and my Wes evaluation for USA counted as Associate degree and in Canada I did Wes they just counted as 2 year college can’t understand why is this difference as many standards to evaluate our degrees are as same for both nations can I do anything in this case. Thanks guys your genuine reply means a lot to me
link
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099


Posted On: 9/16/2020
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099
Hello,

We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern. There is an appeals process you may wish to pursue if you disagree with their decision. You may also want to contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES and their appeals process, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Sowmy
Sowmy
Posts: 1


Posted On: 9/25/2020
Sowmy
Sowmy
Posts: 1
Dear Sir/Madam

WES:*******

I would like to bring to your notice the discrepancy in WES Evaluation Report.
My Masters in Business Administration(a full time 2 year course from WES recognized university) has been recognised as Post Graduate Diploma of 1 year.

I had taken up my case with WES for Review. The response received from WES is as follows:

"Dear Ms. P.T.

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding your completed evaluation.

World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.

WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.


Sincerely,


Director of Evaluations"

The response is highly disturbing and alarming. A 3 year MBA is offered by Universities in India where the student is unable to attend /participate in a full time 2 year MBA course. Hence 3 year MBA is a part time course offered by OPen Universities like Indira Gandhi University(IGNOU), where the degree is obtained basis self learning and yearly assessments.
My concern is on following things:
1. A degree from a 3 year MBA part time course offered by open university is being made equivalent to a 2 year MBA degree from Premier Institutes like IIT/IIMs, etc. There is no weightage given to a part time/full time course in this case.
2. To gain admission to any 3 year MBA program, there is no requirement for clearing any competitive exam like CAT. Anyone is admitted to the 3 year MBA course.
3. I have cleared Competitive exam (common Admission Test) , known as CAT followed by interview to gain admission to MBA(2 year full time course).
4. My full time MBA is as rigorous as full time MBA from any other premier Institute unlike open universities which hardly have any continuous assessments/evaluation/practical knowledge nor training.

Kindly request your selves to put forth my genuine concerns with WES on their evaluation methodology that is hindering many applicants who have done a Masters (2 year full time course) and have been not given the benefit of the same.
This is highly demotivating young professionals like us who are more than eager to contribute to the Canadian economy.

Thanks
Sowmy
link
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099


Posted On: 9/30/2020
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099
Sowmy wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam

WES:*******

I would like to bring to your notice the discrepancy in WES Evaluation Report.
My Masters in Business Administration(a full time 2 year course from WES recognized university) has been recognised as Post Graduate Diploma of 1 year.

I had taken up my case with WES for Review. The response received from WES is as follows:

"Dear Ms. P.T.

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding your completed evaluation.

World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.

WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.


Sincerely,


Director of Evaluations"

The response is highly disturbing and alarming. A 3 year MBA is offered by Universities in India where the student is unable to attend /participate in a full time 2 year MBA course. Hence 3 year MBA is a part time course offered by OPen Universities like Indira Gandhi University(IGNOU), where the degree is obtained basis self learning and yearly assessments.
My concern is on following things:
1. A degree from a 3 year MBA part time course offered by open university is being made equivalent to a 2 year MBA degree from Premier Institutes like IIT/IIMs, etc. There is no weightage given to a part time/full time course in this case.
2. To gain admission to any 3 year MBA program, there is no requirement for clearing any competitive exam like CAT. Anyone is admitted to the 3 year MBA course.
3. I have cleared Competitive exam (common Admission Test) , known as CAT followed by interview to gain admission to MBA(2 year full time course).
4. My full time MBA is as rigorous as full time MBA from any other premier Institute unlike open universities which hardly have any continuous assessments/evaluation/practical knowledge nor training.

Kindly request your selves to put forth my genuine concerns with WES on their evaluation methodology that is hindering many applicants who have done a Masters (2 year full time course) and have been not given the benefit of the same.
This is highly demotivating young professionals like us who are more than eager to contribute to the Canadian economy.

Thanks
Sowmy


Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

Unfortunately, we cannot make case-specific requests for information. It is best that you contact WES directly. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

You can appeal this decision if you wish. For information about the appeals process at WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
sameermadush
sameermadush
Posts: 1


Posted On: 10/23/2020
sameermadush
sameermadush
Posts: 1
Dear Sir/Madam,

I evaluated my degree certificate (LLB) through wes and i was evaluated accordingly as same as my other colleagues. But, unfortunately, i could not submit my professional certification (Attorney at Law) with my degree certificate due to mobility restrictions imposed by the government. After i received my degree evaluation, i upgraded my application and submitted my professional certification under the given new reference number.

Recently i received my evaluation report saying This,





"Canadian Equivalency: Three and one-half years of professional study




Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. "




which is really confusing and frustrating as all of my colleagues got "masters degree" recognition for the same qualification.


My evaluation summary only states that "completion of four years of bachelors degree".


Can you please suggest me a solution how to resolve this matter. I already informed this to WES, and i anticipate further guidance from you to resolve this matter. thank you
link
Nike
Nike
Posts: 1


Posted On: 10/29/2020
Nike
Nike
Posts: 1
Dear Sir,

I got this message from WES saying: WES is unable to proceed with your evaluation due to a significant difference between the date of birth on your application and the date of birth on the academic transcript we received from your institution.

Instructions from WES: Please ask your institution to send to WES an academic transcript that indicates your correct date of birth. This should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official.

My question is, with the instruction above through which means does WES want my institution to send the Academic Transcript is it through courier or electronically?

Thank you.
link
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099


Posted On: 10/29/2020
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099
sameermadush wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I evaluated my degree certificate (LLB) through wes and i was evaluated accordingly as same as my other colleagues. But, unfortunately, i could not submit my professional certification (Attorney at Law) with my degree certificate due to mobility restrictions imposed by the government. After i received my degree evaluation, i upgraded my application and submitted my professional certification under the given new reference number.

Recently i received my evaluation report saying This,





"Canadian Equivalency: Three and one-half years of professional study




Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. "




which is really confusing and frustrating as all of my colleagues got "masters degree" recognition for the same qualification.


My evaluation summary only states that "completion of four years of bachelors degree".


Can you please suggest me a solution how to resolve this matter. I already informed this to WES, and i anticipate further guidance from you to resolve this matter. thank you


Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and questions with us.

We can appreciate that you would be concerned about this.

You may want to try and follow the process above and contact WES directly for information specific to your application.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,


Your Settlement.Org
link
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099


Posted On: 10/29/2020
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4099
Nike wrote:
Dear Sir,

I got this message from WES saying: WES is unable to proceed with your evaluation due to a significant difference between the date of birth on your application and the date of birth on the academic transcript we received from your institution.

Instructions from WES: Please ask your institution to send to WES an academic transcript that indicates your correct date of birth. This should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official.

My question is, with the instruction above through which means does WES want my institution to send the Academic Transcript is it through courier or electronically?

Thank you.



Hi there,

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your application and with regards to mailing preferences. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,


Your Settlement.Org team
link
12