all messages by user

1/27/2015
Topic:
Finding Accommodation before I Arrive

KSDL
KSDL
Hi,

I am Lyn from Singapore.

I am planning to move to Toronto in July this year as a permanent residence.

I'd like to know which part of Toronto is convenient for a new comer while looking for a job.

Is it possible to arrange accommodation before I arrive there?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Lyn
2/13/2015
Topic:
Finding Accommodation before I Arrive

KSDL
KSDL
Thank you for your suggestion Anna!

Best Regards,
Lyn
7/1/2015
Topic:
Is October a good time to land?

KSDL
KSDL
Hi, I am planning to land in Toronto sometime in 2015. Is September or October a good time to land for a new comer from tropical region. My concern is if the weather would be hard for someone totally new.

Thank you
7/4/2015
Topic:
Is October a good time to land?

KSDL
KSDL
Thanks for your suggestion Hilary! I'll try to plan as early as I can.

Thank you
7/7/2015
Topic:
Landing from South Korea

KSDL
KSDL
Hi, will there be any issue if I land Toronto after a couple of weeks stay in South Korea? I need to stay there for a short period before I enter Canada as a landed immigrant. I'd like to know if that can cause any problem upon arrival to Canada due to MERS outbreak in Korea.

Thank you,
7/9/2015
Topic:
Landing from South Korea

KSDL
KSDL
Thank you for your information Ashley!
9/14/2015
Topic:
Renting a Room

KSDL
KSDL
Hi,

I am and new immigrant, looking for a room to stay when I move to Toronto next month. Many of the landlords or main tenants require first month rental fee plus deposit of one month rental.

Can you suggest me what type of document I should ask from them to confirm that they are legally allowed to rent out the room.

My concern is that I might be paying cash to scammers who never owns the place or never has the right to rent the room since usually no property agent to help out with legal issue involves in rental process.

Thank you.
11/30/2015
Topic:
Proof of Funds and Initial Health Insurance

KSDL
KSDL
I think you need to bring a bank draft as a proof of fund. That's what I did when I landed. Yes, you can buy travel insurance after you arrived here. It takes 3 months to get OHIP card, so you will need to buy for the first three months before you get health card.