farayha17

all messages by user

7/13/2015
Topic:
Need Urgent Processing- Newborn Birth Certificate

farayha17
farayha17
Hi,

What proof of urgency I require to apply for my child's birth certificate.

we have a family wedding coming up which we cannot afford to miss and would like to travel as soon as the doctors give us a go ahead to fly the newborn and mother.

Please advise which office to go to and what documents are required in order to apply for an urgent passport for the baby. Also what is the validity of that passport.

Thanks!

7/24/2015
Topic:
Applying for parents' Visitor Visas - How?

farayha17
farayha17
Dear Moderator,

I am recently landed immigrant and have all the required proof of residence in Ontario.

My Parents are currently vacationing in US on a multiple entry visa.

I would like to know how they can apply for a single entry visa to Canada from US.

Please note that they have Pakistani passports (so they require visit visa to Canada) I do not want them to have Super Visa as they do not intend to visit often.

Please advise what documents should they have ready from their end?

note that they will apply the visit visa from US and not Pakistan since they are already in US.

Also is it Better to visit Embassy/visa office or they can apply online?

Thanks for your help!
8/4/2015
Topic:
Moving to Toronto for Work and Wife is Pregnant

farayha17
farayha17
Your company should give you insurance to cover maternity. If they do not you will have to buy insurance asap. The total cost would be around $5-6k if Ceserean or less if child is delivered normally. There are doctors fee which is very high without insurance however your wife can always choose a midwife (who are registered and trained) and can explain them her situation.
I am a recently landed immigrant with waiting period of 3 months for OHIP so I will be bearing the cost of child birth incase my baby decides to come early then my health card, so I did my research. Hope this helps! A moderator can answer better though! Good luck
8/4/2015
Topic:
Applying for Travel Document without a PR Card

farayha17
farayha17
Hi,

My husband has applied from UAE for a travel document. We are due with our baby in the last week of August (which is the current month) and the Embassy is not able to tell him whether it will take 10 working days, 15 working days or a month.
It is really disturbing for new immigrants to get a hold of such policies and tiresome procedures. The PR travel document should ideally take 1-2 weeks max!! since all the info is the system already! any idea when he can get the PRTD? It has already been 10 days since he applied and they are saying it could take upto a month!
Can a moderator please reply to my query asap? Thanks!
5/21/2016
Topic:
PR Card Renewal

farayha17
farayha17
Hi Admin,

Me and my husband are permanent residents of Canada since June 2015. Our PR is valid till 2020. Right now we are outside Canada due to work but will be winding up soon and coming to Canada permanently.

My question is:

1)How many years do we need to be physically present in Canada to be eligible for Citizenship?
2) How many years we have to be physically present in Canada to be able to Renew PR card?

Thanks!