Shahenshah

all messages by user

9/13/2015
Topic:
Alias Name removed from my Passport

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Hello,

This is Syed, I received my PR last year and completed my landing formalities in February 2015. I returned to my native country within 3 weeks post landing due to family emergencies, hence I didn't receive my PR card (this is a separate issue I am trying to deal with on another thread in this forum). I am the principal applicant, and my passport was due to expire on 09/05/2015 and in the process of renewal the new passport does not bear my alias name as given names anymore. This is due to the fact that the practice of printing alias name on the passport has been discontinued by the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. Of India. Only the applicant's real/ official name is being printed on the passport. Here is the link for your kind perusal -http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqAliasName

Now that my name on the new passport and the CIC records not matching, I am assuming this has to be communicated to CIC at the earliest without which I may not be able to return to Canada. Please note, this is not the case of a legal name change I believe. I have written to CHC New Delhi but they seem to respond to only open cases, hence I would request you to:
1. Let me know the procedure to update these details with CIC, as I am planning to travel soon.
2. Also advise if I can travel without intimating CIC and instead carry my link documents like the previous and new passport to prove that they are the same persons, as this is not the case of name change? Or will it create any issue at the port of entry (POE)?
3. The contact details of CIC to get in touch with for this particular issue, as I am in the first place not sure how to and which email address to contact to, in order to report my issue to CIC.
4. Confirm how long will it tentatively take to resolve this issue

Many thanks,
Syed
9/13/2015
Topic:
6 Months Later and PR Card Not Yet Delivered

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Hi,

This is Syed, I completed my landing formalities and attained my PR in February 2015. I had to return to my native country within 3 weeks post landing due to family emergencies. During the landing formalities I furnished my friends address where I temporarily planned to stay as the delivery address for my PR card. It's been close to 6 months and he hasn't received my PR Card yet, for reasons unknown.

Would it be a reason for non delivery as I moved out of Toronto after 2-3 weeks of my landing formalities due to family emergency?

What should be my course of action to follow up or to inquire about the non delivery of my PR card? Is there a website I can check the reason for non-delivery?

What number should I call to as I am currently in India and have heard there is no number I can call to reach CIC from outside Canada?

It is taking longer than expected to get the PR card, and I am assuming if I need to travel immediately I will have to apply for a Travel Document at New Delhi, India. I am assuming this will be a single entry visa that will be issued, and hence I would like to know the validity (duration) of this visa?

Appreciate your help!

Thank you,
Syed
9/27/2015
Topic:
6 Months Later and PR Card Not Yet Delivered

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Thank you Anna, the information has been very helpful and I really appreciate your effort and time. I did speak to a representative on the number your provided, and he was able to resolve all my concerns.

May be one reason all my issues got resolved on my first contact itself was, it never occurred to anyone on call to inquire where my whereabouts are (as I learned from a few outside forums that they don't reveal information to anyone calling from outside of Canada). The reason for my PR card not getting delivered is that I never provided my Canadian address to the immigration office, hence the delay. I was advised to apply a new PR Card with an additional charge of $50 (of course after I get into Canada :))
9/27/2015
Topic:
Alias Name removed from my Passport

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Hi Anna,

As indicated in the other thread, I discussed this issue with the CIC agent who resolved this concern. CIC does not consider my new passport name, and my identity in Canada will always remain as what is mentioned on my COPR document.

In this particular case, I was advised to travel as is without making any changes carrying both my passports. If the name change has occurred outside of Canada then I was directed to get carry the appropriate govt. document attesting this change. Also to enter Canada in this situation, like you mentioned I was advised to travel using a PRTD. However I am not clear at the moment, what name should be used while applying for this document the name as per my previous passport or as per the new one. Any advise on this is much appreciated.

Once again, thank you so much for giving me the right direction. It has been a huge relief getting these issues resolved being in my home country!
11/11/2015
Topic:
Traveling with a PR but no OHIP for Pregnancy

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Hello,

I have received my PR along with my family in Feb 2015, we had to travel back home for few medical issues. I am planning to start for Canada in first quarter of next year, and my family will travel a few months later.

Since we are new, I believe there will be a 3 months waiting period for OHIP to cover our medical expenses. My wife is carrying and if her delivery date comes even before her OHIP card arrives, what options do I have. I have been through a few forum discussions here and learnt that I may have to opt for Supplementary Health Insurance plans, but what I could not figure out was whether or not it covers Pregnancy cases including delivery at the hospitals.

I would appreciate if you could share other available options to have a hassle free delivery. If not, what would be the procedure to travel with the new born after delivery? How do we get his/her PR processed? Will he/she need to travel as a visitor and later process their PR in Canada?

Many thanks in advance,
Hussain
11/11/2015
Topic:
IT Job Agency/Consultancy

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Hello,

I am a QA/Testing professional with 9 years experience in IT, and leaning towards a Management role. I am PR holder for about a year, and planning to travel to Toronto early next year. Reading through a couple of forums I understand that it is most recommended that I find a job for myself before traveling.

Hence I am adding this discussion item here, to inquire if we have any good/trusted IT Job Consultancies that can help me find a job by scheduling a few interviews etc before I travel next year.

Thanks in advance for looking through the issue and providing suggestions.

Regards,
Hussain
11/23/2015
Topic:
Traveling with a PR but no OHIP for Pregnancy

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Thanks , that cleared the air.
11/23/2015
Topic:
Questions on Travel Document

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for a PRTD as suggested in the forums here earlier. I have filled the first section of 14 questions,which are my personal details and my questions are regarding the second section i.e. residency obligation sections. I got my PR last year with a validity of 1 year ending on 03/13/2015, and I landed in Toronto on 02/06/2015 to complete the landing formalities and returned to my home country due to personal reasons on 02/20/2015.

I still have 4years 3 months left to satisfy my residency obligation, my questions here is should I just enter the information as stated below with appropriate proof's or provide H&C reasons as well? My assumption is H&C reasons are needed only when I am sure that I don't meet the residency obligation and/or have lost my PR status and want the visa officer to consider my case on H&C grounds. Since I have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years, I can satisfy the residency obligation criteria of 730 days from the remaining 4 years left and don't think I need to take support of H&C. Please advise.

Here are the details entered in the application form:-

#15, Time spent: I have entered the dates as per my passport stamping which is a total of 15 days along with the residing address. I am sending my passport along, which serves as the proof for the duration I stayed.
#16, Accompanying a Canadian citizen or permanent resident outside Canada: My option is 'NO'
#17, Employment outside Canada: My option in 'NO'
#18, Humanitarian and compassionate grounds: Not entered anything as yet.

I am bit worried as the checklist IMM5627E classifies only the supporting documents for the above three questions as a proof to meet residency obligation. If i don't furnish the H&C grounds,i am assuming I have nothing in my case for the visa officer to consider. Will COPR be the only document that I sent with my application in my case? I fear that the visa officer may reject my application for want of proof for the questions above. From what I have filled, will it satisfy the requirements to have my application approved? Is satisfying one of the above questions a mandate to have the application approved or simply based on the duration I have the residency obligation will be met?

Thank you for looking into my question, your advise is much appreciated.

Regards,
Syed
2/10/2016
Topic:
IT Job Agency/Consultancy

Shahenshah
Shahenshah
This is something I was very keen to find out i.e. being able to find something or make contacts with employers while I am still in India. I think this is the best tool one can use to integrate into Canadian economy as claimed by CIIP, much appreciate your suggestion TrueCanadian.