tamara

all messages by user

9/4/2020
Topic:
Hearings at the Landlord and Tenant Board

tamara
tamara
Hi,

I am currently renting a house in Ontario and my landlord gave me an N12 form claiming that he will move in the house. I do not think his intention is true due to a series of previous events.

I did not agree to move out and therefore he said that he will be filing an application at the landlord and tenant board. I read online that the next step will be a hearing. As I am new to Canada and I am not very familiar with the system, can this ever become an issue when I am applying for citizenship as I understand that the landlord and tenant board hearing is similar to a legal court case?

Thank you
9/4/2020
Topic:
Hearings at the Landlord and Tenant Board

tamara
tamara
I forgot to mention that I have been paying all my rent on time and have been fulfilling all my tenant responsibilities
2/24/2021
Topic:
citizenship language requirement proof

tamara
tamara
Hello,

I have an inquiry regarding the citizenship language proof. I understand from the IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html) that a university diploma or transcript can be used as a language proof. I did study in an English speaking institution, and both my transcript and diploma are in English language. However, the diploma and the transcript do not specifically indicate the language of instruction. Would that still work?
If not, can I submit my IELTS certificate which I used for my PR application even though it is expired (dated 2014)?

Thank you
3/28/2021
Topic:
Address on Citizenship Application

tamara
tamara
I am ready to submit my citizenship application. I signed a new lease agreement and will be moving houses a couple of weeks after I send my application. Should I indicate the new residence address in the application for Canadian citizenship form? or since I am still not living in this house I have to apply using the address where I currently reside and then notify them of the address change later? I am worried the address change will delay the processing of my application.
Should I attach a letter to my application explaining that I am moving houses or this will be confusing?
3/29/2021
Topic:
Address on Citizenship Application

tamara
tamara
Lahbib70 wrote:
tamara wrote:
I am ready to submit my citizenship application. I signed a new lease agreement and will be moving houses a couple of weeks after I send my application. Should I indicate the new residence address in the application for Canadian citizenship form? or since I am still not living in this house I have to apply using the address where I currently reside and then notify them of the address change later? I am worried the address change will delay the processing of my application.
Should I attach a letter to my application explaining that I am moving houses or this will be confusing?

Hi,
According to the instructions on your application for Canadian citizenship, you can see clearly that they asked about your CURRENT address. Since you have not moved yet, you can always informed them of the change of your address using the IRCC Webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks.
Lahbib

Thank you so much for your response. Does the address change delay the processing of the application?
Since I know that I am definitely changing addresses, do you think enclosing a letter with the application is a good solution?
4/2/2021
Topic:
Visitor Status in Question 13

tamara
tamara
I am very confused about question 13 of the citizenship application. The dropdown menu for 'status' includes 'Visitor' as an option. Does that mean I need to include any tourist visas I have ever obtained? And should the US B1/B2 visa be indicated here?
4/5/2021
Topic:
Physical Presence Calculator

tamara
tamara
I have the following questions regarding the physical calculator:
  • I know that the the physical calculator covers absences during the eligibility period. In my case, based on the date I am applying, the eligibility period starts in 1 July 2016. I left Canada before this date (November 2015) for one year. So when filling the ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates of absences from Canada, what should the date left Canada on the first absence be. Should it be the same date as the eligibility period start date or the actual date I left Canada which is before the eligibility date/the start date on the physical calculator?
  • According to the instructions in the physical calculator “if you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in the destination and list the other countries in the reason field”. When highlighting the other countries in the reason field, should I also include the reason for visit for each? when I tried doing that I get an error that the number of characters is not enough.
4/14/2021
Topic:
Online vs Paper Citizenship Application

tamara
tamara
I know that individuals can now apply for Canadian citizenship online. Any insights or experiences on whether this is better or following the traditional paper application format is better?
4/18/2021
Topic:
Online vs Paper Citizenship Application

tamara
tamara
Anyone can share their experience on this question?