isslandboy

all messages by user

3/9/2021
Topic:
Just accepted for PR, what's next?

isslandboy
isslandboy
Hi Folks,

My wife was just accepted for PR, we got the "we are processing your application you may now access pre-arrival services" letter. But it doesn't say what is next.

We want to enter Canada in April, if we don't have a PR card by then what do we do? Do they accept the acceptance letter? Is the card sent to our residence in Canada, or our residence here in Panama?

My wife is Panamanian, so as I understand it she requires a visa in her passport, does the IRCC contact us about this, do we go to the embassy here in Canada?

The lack of information is very frustrating, hard to book flights when you have no idea of time lines processes etc., especially with this covid thing.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated
3/10/2021
Topic:
How do you enter the country without a PR card?

isslandboy
isslandboy
Hi all,

Wife has been accepted for PR, we currently are in Panama, her PR card will be shipped to home address in Canada. How does one #1 board an aircraft to get to Canada without the PR card, I am sure the airline will not accept her acceptance letter as proof of citizenship! #2, what happens at arrival with no PR card? The application stated we were applying from outside of Canada, what a mess this IRCC is!

Thanks in advance for any info.