ClaireShen

all messages by user

4/29/2022
Topic:
Applying for a PRTD through email to IRCC

ClaireShen
ClaireShen
Hi,

Because of family reasons, my husband and I live outside of Canada. We plan to go back to Canada soon, because of my PR card expired, therefore, I applied a PRTD in order to go back to Canada to renew my PR. ( I have checked and I am qualified for applying PRTD).
My question is, due to covid, the VAC office here is closed, and indicate that customers to send all the requirements documents to IRCC by email.
I have followed the instruction and sent out an email on April. 18, 2022. However, I haven't received any knowledge or respond from IRCC. nothing.
I have double checked the email address is correct, and there is no way for me to check the status of my application but only waiting and hoping that they have received my application successfully and will respond to my application later. Anyone has similar experience? Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Claire Shen
5/1/2022
Topic:

ClaireShen
ClaireShen
updated:

After 2 weeks of waiting, i have received an acknowledgement from IRCC finally, problem solved. Thanks.
5/3/2022
Topic:
Sending Off PR Application While Abroad

ClaireShen
ClaireShen
JR wrote:
I am a Canadian. My 2 children are Canadians. My wife is Taiwanese with a PR card. We left Canada for a 9 month trip to Taiwan on 09/2019 — a few months before the pandemic started. We have been staying in Taiwan since with fear of coming in contact with the virus. My wife’s PR card expired 09/2020. We will be returning back to Canada in 05/2022. We have already sent off the request for a PR travel document— we should be getting that in a few weeks.

My question is — can we send in the PR renewal application while we are abroad with the intent to speed up the process? We have a Canadian address, and we would physically pick up the PR card when in Canada. I am aware it takes approx 120 processing time. I am hoping to send in the PR renewal application in 03/2022 so that my wife can pick it up shortly after we arrive in Canada. I was told by the Canadian Trade Office here in Taipei that this was possible. Please confirm.

Thank you~~
5/13/2022
Topic:

ClaireShen
ClaireShen
Hi Nikola,

I have received an acknowledgement which showed my application was approved, and the final decision will be made on May 12, however, It is May 13 today and I have not yet received any new message / update from IRCC, hopefully soon, fingers crossed.
As for your situation, it is not normal of waiting for 9 months without any respond, you should find a way to contact IRCC for further information. Good luck!