Lost password


all messages by user

Applying for High School in Ontario under CUAET

VAL_KIR wrote:
Dear Settlement Team,

We wanted to reach out to you to clarify a situation with a relative is yet to come to Canada under CUAET program. My nephew, 18 years old was been forced to flee Ukraine and has been residing in Germany for the last four months. She is 18 years old and currently located in Germany, so we wanted to apply for CUAET for her to come to Kitchener and live with us.

Would she be eligible to attend a public high school as a Canadian resident in Ontario or only as an international student with associated fees?

Thank you in advance

This question is also of interest. I read that adults are given work permits at the airport upon arrival. And for children to learn. But if a child is already 18 years old, is he considered an adult? And will they give him permission to study?
English Public Elementary & Secondary Enrollment

Moderator wrote:
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Here is some helpful information about enrolling children in school: How do I enrollHow do I enrol my child in school?

School administration offices are typically open all year, and the deadlines typically vary between local district school boards. These deadlines are not strict, it is also possible for your children to start school in the middle of the school year or semester should you return to Canada after September.

Ontario has 4 free public schooling systems, and attendance in public school will be determined by home address. Once you determine the school district you will live in, it is best that you call the administration office for information about registration dates.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.


Your Settlement.Org Team

Thanks for the useful information! My children and I plan to return to Canada next year and are now actively exploring the possibility of enrolling our child in school.