PMM

all messages by user

6/21/2015
Topic:
Family Class Applicants – Fees for child

PMM
PMM
HI

I am sponsoring my 2year old child, born outside Canada. And she is with me in Canada on TRV.
I have prepared all the documents to sponsor her. I want to know how much fees I have to pay while submitting the application. In the CIC website the fees mentioned is bit confusing for me. As per the website:
$75 - Sponsorship application
$475 - Principal applicant
$75-Principal applicant, if under 19 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor
$150- A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner

What fees i have to pay for the application?

Thanks - Muz

$150.00

PMM
6/22/2015
Topic:
Approval in Principle Letter - How much longer?

PMM
PMM
HI

Hi all,

I am being sponsored by my husband here within Canada.

I got a letter stating that we got approval in principle. With that letter I have already applied for OHIP.

I would like to apply for an Open Work Permit but a few days earlier I already applied to renew my Visitor Visa.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Also, does anyone know how long it could/may possibly be until PR?

Thanks!

1. As you have AIP you can apply on line for an open spousal work permit.
2. The posted processing time from AIP is 10 months.

PMM
7/8/2015
Topic:
Can He give baby Canadian Citizenship?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Dear

If a Canadian man who is officially separated from his wife but not yet divorced , had a baby from un Canadian lady who is her girlfriend ( this girlfriend is officially his wife in another country registered) the question is he allowed to sponsors his baby and apply for the citizenship card for his baby ? And what is the steps ?

Thanks in advance

Maro

1. Yes, he can apply for proof of citizenship for the child. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp

PMM
7/10/2015
Topic:
Permanent Resident Card Renewal

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,
I am living in Narvik, Norway. I have plan to travel to Canada by the end of this year. My PR Card is at my friends home in Milton, Ontario.
Could you advise me if my PR Cards be posted legally to my current address in Narvik, Norway?

Regards,
Umair

1. Have your friends mail or courier it to you.

PMM
7/10/2015
Topic:
Can I lose my PR?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello m ayesha,

i came in canada 3 months back on spouse sponsership from Pakistan,

i found here my partner and his family behave is not well with me and my partner abuse and mentally disturb to me so i can not live with him for long time,

if our relationship ends would my immigration status effect?

if i get permanent residence after that my partner has right to deport me?

umiparo

1. Look at your COPR (Landing paper) under conditions. If there is a 51 there, you must reside with your spouse for 2 years to keep your PR status.
2. The only way around it, is if you can prove the following:

Exception in cases of abuse or neglect

Given concerns about the vulnerability of spouses in abusive relationships, the proposed condition would cease to apply in instances where there is evidence of abuse (that is, physical, sexual, psychological or financial) or neglect (failure to provide the necessaries of life).

PMM
7/14/2015
Topic:
Spousal Sponsorship - Is there something wrong?

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. The OP didn't say if it was "in Canada" spousal or out of Canada, if it is "in Canada" she would not receive any information for 16 months.

PMM
9/23/2015
Topic:
Want to Sponsor my Spouse

PMM
PMM
Hi

I am a Canadian born citizen and would like to sponsor my spouse. I have sent in my application to sponsor my spouse from the US. I have a criminal record (assault towards relative). Can I sponsor my spouse?

t

1. It depends. It could possibly be refused, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob361.asp especially if 5 years have not passed.

Sponsorship bar for violent crime

The sponsorship bar stops people who have been convicted of certain crimes from sponsoring a family member.

The bar for those convicted of an offence of a sexual nature and the exceptions under subsections 133(2) and 133(3) will still apply. Subsection 133(2) allows sponsorship to proceed when the conviction occurred in Canada and the individual has received a pardon, has been acquitted or where five years have elapsed since the completion of the imposed sentence. Subsection 133(3) allows sponsorship to proceed when the conviction occurred outside Canada and the individual has been acquitted, or where five years have elapsed since the completion of the imposed sentence, and the sponsor has demonstrated that they are rehabilitated.

PMM
9/29/2015
Topic:
Express Entry - Is it the way forward?

PMM
PMM
Hi

It's only recently that I came to know about the express entry scheme although it started back in January. I went through a lot of articles on it, but I still couldn't make out exactly what it stands for.

My brother would like to apply for visa to Canada to pursue higher studies.

Can someone break it down into simpler form for me?

1. Express Entry is for Skilled Immigration, your brother if he wants to study in Canada, applies for a study permit, not immigration.

PMM
10/3/2015
Topic:
Family Sponsorship

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi, me and my kids are in the process of being sponsored by my husband who is not the biological father of my kids. My kids do not have my last name only their fathers last name which is 2 different father. Will immigration find this as a problem?

N.h

1. No, as long as you have custody permission from the Courts or their father that you can remove them from their home country.

PMM
10/5/2015
Topic:
Residency Requirements for Permanent Residents

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

Our PR Card is about to expire and we have not met the 730 days residency requirement. We would like to appeal for an extension so that we can still have a chance to fulfill this. Is this allowed? and how do we do this? Also, do we need to go to Canada to make this appeal?

1. No, there are not extensions of the requirement to live for 2 years in every 5 year period in Canada.
2. If it is determined by CIC that you have lost your PR status, you can appeal, you would have to demonstrate that there are Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons why you didn't meet the residency requirement.

PMM
10/12/2015
Topic:
Need to Apply for a Travel Document

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. You write N/A.

PMM
10/14/2015
Topic:
Birth Certificate - No Last Name

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. It will be issued with the first name as the surname and the first name will be blank as per the birth certificate.

PMM
10/16/2015
Topic:
Funds for Short Landing

PMM
PMM
Hi

I am planning for a short landing to Canada during 1st week of Nov 2015 and wanted to know do I need to carry the mandated amount of 21K CAD as we are 4 members ?

Since I would be going back in a week to my home country , is it mandatory to carry the whole amount ?

Navin

1. Yes you have to show the full amount, although you can proof of funds from your bank which is usually sufficient.

PMM
10/17/2015
Topic:
Funds for Short Landing

PMM
PMM
Hi

Thanks for your response.So if I carry 2000 CAD and remaining as bank certificate from the bank in India would that suffice ? Also , can I carry USD as well ?

Yes, that is fine for both.

PMM
10/18/2015
Topic:
Travel & Return to Canada before PR card Expires

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident since 2010 and my PRC will expire on December 2015. I have applied for a renewal of my PRC since July 2015. I checked the status of my renewal application but it seems like it is not on process yet.
I have to travel overseas from October 2015 and return by the end of November 2015.
I am aware of the Urgent Application Process that CIC offers but this is a sudden trip, so by the time I applied for renewal I did not have a plane ticket yet. I am also thinking that even if I go through this Urgent Application Process now, they might not have enough time to process it anymore since I will be leaving by the end of October which is in 2 weeks.

Is it possible to return to Canada without any problems since I will be back here in Canada before the expiration of my PRC?

I just want to make sure that I would not be in trouble.

Thank you so much.

1. Your PR card will still be valid, when you return, so you won't have a problem boarding a return flight to Canada.
2. As long as you have met the residency requirement, you won't have a problem to re-enter Canada.

PMM