all messages by user

8/14/2019
Topic:
PR Card for New Arrival

PMM
PMM
Hi

Nargita wrote:
I arrived for the first time on 3-Aug but I didn't have a postal address so I couldn't give that to the immigration officer.

So based on the IRCC website I sent an email to [email protected] with my necessary details.

However, now that I want to track the application on the IRCC website I'm unable to do so.

Please help, how can I track the application?

Can I speak to someone in person in regards to this?

1. You can't track the application for a PR card.
8/17/2019
Topic:
Is Vacation counted towards PR Canada presence ?

PMM
PMM
Hi

amitkumar wrote:
I, my wife and my daughter are Canadian Permanent Residents and live in Canada.

The organization I work for has headquarters in another country and offices in Canada.

I work from the office in Canada.

If I and my family go on vacation outside Canada for three weeks while remaining employed at Canada office, will that time abroad count toward my family’s permanent resident status presence in Canada?

1. No, it doesn't
8/20/2019
Topic:
Spousal Sponsorship - Wife is Pregnant

PMM
PMM
HI

Jino wrote:
Hi,

I'm a PR holder and left Canada after soft-landing in November 2018.

The reason I left Canada was to end my business contract and get married.

Now, my wife is 2 months pregnant and I'm planning to travel back to Canada permanently.

My question is:

What's the process to sponsor my wife?

How will her pregnancy will affect the sponsorship application?

Any reply would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

1. Start your reading here: http://tinyurl.com/yc8dxsgq All the forms and instructions are there, note that as a PR you must be in Canada to submit the application and remain in Canada during the application.
2. The pregnancy may delay the Immigration medical, if your wife and her Doctors don't want her to have the x-rays. Note that the child will have to be added to the application, if she doesn't "land" before the birth.
8/21/2019
Topic:
Is Vacation counted towards PR Canada presence ?

PMM
PMM
Hi

amitkumar wrote:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf23-eng.pdf

This manual mentions that the days outside Canada are counted if I am employed by Canadian business. However, I am not able to understand the manual completely.

@Moderator - Could you please share any guidance ?

1. What that section means is that if you are employed by a Canadian based company, and are temporarily transferred to a division of that company overseas.
8/28/2019
Topic:
10 Year PR Holder Living in the U.S.

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hayuhi wrote:
Can a US citizen living and working in US apply for Canadian citizenship if he’s been a Canadian PR holder for 10 consecutive years?

1. No, you need actually physical residence for 3 years in previous 5 on the date you apply.
2. Unless you have been residing with a Canadian citizen spouse in the US, you probably have not met your Residency obligations of residing in Canada for 2 years in the past 5.
8/30/2019
Topic:
Police Certificate

PMM
PMM
Hi

nina wrote:
It is required that you need to provide a police certificate of the country where you been physically present for a total of 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more."
for example: between 2015-2017, If a person spend the 183 days in multiples stops , spend 90 days in "A "country and 90 days in "B "country .The totals of spending days outside of canada is 183 with that required to apply for two police certificates from Country A & country B ? or you just need a Police certificate if the person spend it in one country for totlas of 183 day. Thank you

1. It is 183 days in one country not the number of days outside Canada.
8/31/2019
Topic:
10 Year PR Holder Living in the U.S.

PMM
PMM
HI

Hayuhi wrote:
He’s been residing with Canadian citizen in US for the last 11 years. While this counts for PR purposes, we need to know if it would qualify for citizenship too.

1. No it doesn't, you need actual physical residence in Canada for citizenship. (There are some exceptions, employees of the Federal Gov. and Canadian Military)
9/5/2019
Topic:
Activation of PR card

PMM
PMM
HI

Oleh wrote:
Hello,

I got PR card in February but I haven’t re-entered Canada since then.

As a result, my question is do I start counting 730 days since I got the card on hand or from the day I re-enter Canada?

1. From the date of your first "landing"
9/5/2019
Topic:
Travelling from Mexico to Canada by Land - Visas?

PMM
PMM
HI

Bryan4654 wrote:
Hi I wanted to know what the requirements would be in case I wanted to travel from Mexico to Canada in my own vehicle.

I'm Mexican resident don't have a visa for Canada nor the U.S.

Would I need a visa for the time I would spend in U.S roads?

I would only be passing through.

1. Yes you require a US visa.
9/11/2019
Topic:
Sponsor Moving out of Canada while PGP in Progress

PMM
PMM
Hi

pgp2018sponsor wrote:
Hey all good people,

I have sponsored my parents in August 2018, the application is on the last stage of decision making with the following updates:
  • Sponsorship Completed in 2018
  • Medical Completed on May 2019
  • PCC sent on July 2019
  • Military of history of my father was asked and sent on July, 2019

I got a very lucrative job offer outside of Canada. If I move out at this stage of the application, will this affect my parents application?

Thanks

1. Yes, if you are no longer residing in Canada, there is a good chance the application would be refused.
9/26/2019
Topic:
Sponsoring Brother-In-Law

PMM
PMM
Hi

happy_canadian wrote:
Hello ,

I wanted to know if you can help us in providing this information, we are looking to sponsor my Brother-in-law( wife’s brother) to Canada.

My wife is a student and is not working so does not have income, while I am working and can show support to sponsor ,

Can I be the sponsor for my brother-in-law or is it just for blood relatives only ?

Regards IQ

1. Unless the B/law is under 18 and an orphan, he can't be sponsored.
9/26/2019
Topic:
PR Card and Super Visa Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

happy_canadian wrote:
Hi,
My parents became PR in 2014 but did not stay in Canada for the required period so they loose their Canadian Permanent residency status. I have two questions

1) Do I need to inform CIC in writing , or does their PR status in Canada automatically get cancelled ?

2) Can I get the PR cancelled(by sending a formal letter to CIC) and at the same time apply for a 2 year Super visa as that seems to be more convenient to my parents ?

Please let me know my options.

Thanks

IQ

1. Your parents would either have to apply for a PR Travel Document, and be refused. The would have the right of appeal or They can renounce their permanent resident status. see: http://tinyurl.com/y5ewlc4d

2. You can't apply for a Super Visa until the decision is made on either the renouncement or PRTD application.
9/28/2019
Topic:
Sponsorship - Financial Proof Questions

PMM
PMM
HI

mahanuman wrote:
hello
I am a Palestinian live in Libya with my Canadian husband and 2 young daughters .

Due to the war and unrest which broke out in Libya since few years ago, we have decided to go and live in Canada, mainly for the future of our 2 young Canadian daughters.

My husband has just got retired .He is 61 years old and he is afraid that he can not be able to sponsor me ( from the financial point of view) during the first period of our settlement there.

So is it still possible for him to apply as sponsor?

or do you have any other suggestions for me to apply for Canadian citizenship to live with my husband and 2 daughters there?

1. First of all, was your husband a Canadian citizen at the time the children were born? If so, then you only have to apply for "proof of citizenship" for them. If not. they would be included as dependents in the sponsorship.
2. Your spouse, as a Canadian citizen can sponsor you and the children (if necessary) while residing abroad. Spousal application don't have to meet the minimum income to be approved, the sponsor has to be able to show that they won't have to rely on public assistance to live in Canada.
3. Also your spouse will have to show what steps he will take to move to Canada once the COPR (visa) is issued.
4. To apply for proof of citizenship (if applicable) see:http://tinyurl.com/ybujgu9x
5. For the sponsorship, start your reading here: http://tinyurl.com/yc8dxsgq
9/28/2019
Topic:
Interview Experience For PR - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

mahtab wrote:
Hello, I applied for PR under family class sponsorship spousal inside Canada and now received an email with Attached a letter indicating the date and time of my permanent resident landing interview at CIC Etobicoke. they said my application will be finalized at interview and wanted me to take my passport and 2 photos and proof my address and my representer if I need, and my questions are:

1- Will they ask me any question about my application or not?

2- is it possible my husband be as my representer or not? they didn't give any information about this.

1. I assume it was an in- Canada spousal application.

2. The "landing" interview is just that. The interview is to determine if you are still living with your spouse, so both should attend with ID showing that same address. You will be asked if you have been arrested for a crime, since entering Canada. That will be it, and you will become a Permanent Resident.

3. You don't need a lawyer for this interview
9/28/2019
Topic:
Physical Presence of Sponsored Parent

PMM
PMM
HI

Mayadael wrote:
Hi
I sponsored my mother few years ago, after calculating her physical presence, I found that she is eligible to apply for citizenship taking into consideration the says that she spent as visitor before her Permanent residence status ( I calculated those days as half days and it was 328 days).

Her application was returned and it was written in the letter that her days before the letter could not be verified.

I have 2 questions:

1- How can we verify those days other than her passport stamps records.
2- Also when we reapply, Do we have to pay the fees again?

Thank you

1. To verify the days, she would require a copy of her visitor records, if any and her passport, showing entries and exit stamps (arrival in another country) The problem will be that CBSA doesn't stamp passports in a lot of cases on entry to Canada.