Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

6/20/2016
Topic:
Renewed Overseas Driver's Licence

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, I am a Permanent Resident and one month back went to Drive Test center in Toronto for motor car license.

I have 8 years of driving experience but my overseas license expired in May 2016.

I was asked that in order to credit my overseas driving experience it must not be an expired driving license. Any how i passed G1 written test and accordingly now i shall be eligible for the Driving road test after one year.

My question is, i have now renewed my overseas driving license, do i need to reappear for G1 written test and once again pay the full fee Or my existing G1 license and the renewed overseas licence shall make eligible to appear for the drive test without waiting for one year to appear for road test.
6/20/2016
Topic:
Can I apply for Canadian Citizenship?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hey, I am 16 years old and I have got the Permanent Resident Card.

I was wondering if I stayed in Canada for 4 years from now onward, will I become a Canadian Citizenship or do I have to stay the 4 whole years after my 18th birthday keeping in mind that no adults (parents or a guardian) will be staying with me except my 20 years old sister.

So briefly, my question is WIll those 2 years count or not?
6/21/2016
Topic:
Interested in OSLT Programme

ForumUser
ForumUser
would like to join oslt programme new immigrant landed

with pr a month ago

please get back to me
6/24/2016
Topic:
Apply for PR card Renewal - Outside Canada

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am living with a canadian spuse outside canada. since the renewal takes long time to be processed, can I send the documents required for renewal from abroad?? when they send the letter I travel to canada.
as if I stay in canada for more than 15 days I will lose my job here.

your reply is highly appreciated
thank you
6/24/2016
Topic:
Shared Accommodation - Rights?

ForumUser
ForumUser
What are my rights where i rent a room in a shared accommodation? Can I smoke or have a pet?
6/24/2016
Topic:
Questions about OSAP Eligibility

ForumUser
ForumUser
Good morning
I wish to apply for OSAP for fall 2016 nursing prog in college for one year. I have the plan to join university program in fall 2017.

My spouse will be applying for both years OSAP

.Are we eligible to apply OSAP for both programs?

What is the deadline to apply ?
6/24/2016
Topic:
Contract Jobs vs Permanent - Rights? Vacation Pay?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I just got a permanent job verses the contract roles I used to do. I was just wondering if my current employer is supposed to give me vacation pay - 4%?
6/24/2016
Topic:
Ontario Driver's Licence - Cost?

ForumUser
ForumUser
HI
My daughter and I moved to Ontario from B.C. this past year and bought new licenses.

I paid for a full adult experienced license and she was 18 and paid for a graduate license ( she had one year left to do).

Can you tell me what each license should have cost as revenue canada wants me to submit that info to them and i didnt keep receipts?
6/24/2016
Topic:
Transfer of Unit - Subsidized Housing

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi I need to know if I'm a leaseholder of a subsidized unit, and I want to move can my daughter who is a house member takeover the subsidy?
6/26/2016
Topic:
International Driver's Permit (IDP) - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
1 When a student go from India to Canada on student visa and if he takes an international driving license for one year from his state government from India than is it valid in Canada?

2. Can one drive in Ontario with the international license?
6/27/2016
Topic:
Will I be eligible for Citizenship too?

ForumUser
ForumUser
What if my sister had applied for a Canadian Citizenship and got accepted but I have been out of Canada so I haven't really completed the set of rules to be completed before applying, would I get to apply for the Citizenship due to the fact my older sibling has completed them all?
6/28/2016
Topic:
How can I get my PR card?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,
As I am new immigrant to Canada, would like to know how to apply for a first new PR card.
6/28/2016
Topic:
Issue with Neighbour

ForumUser
ForumUser
We moved into an apartment building last year, we have been having issues with a neighbour.

We are smokers.

Originally the neighbour thought that we were throwing our cigarette butts on to their property but we never have NOT had an ash tray.

The neighbour has contacted our landlord and police to complain.

What steps can I take to stop this?

I've tried talking to the neighbour but it isn't working.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Does She Need to Register her Marriage?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My daughter is getting legally married in Jamaica in December.

Can you tell me what is need to register the marriage in Canada?

How much it will cost also?
6/29/2016
Topic:
Applying for OHIP - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,
I am currently a full time employee holding a 3-year work permit that is still valid for more than 2 years. I check on your website and found that I am eligible for applying the OHIP.

My company only purchased the additional insurance on top of OHIP, so I need it for my visit to the hospital and etc.

Can you please let me know where can I apply for the plan and what document do I need to apply?

Thank you very much.