Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

7/18/2016
Topic:
Stolen Health Card and Ontario Photo ID

ForumUser
ForumUser
My purse was stolen while on vacation in the US and my Health Card and Ontario Photo ID card has been stolen.
Ive tried calling several numbers provided and it does not permit me to call any toll free numbers because I am in the US.
7/21/2016
Topic:
PR Residency Obligations

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am a PR Since January 21 2013 and I have spent 5weeks ın Canada, while I was away I had been assisting my mother.

I know I have not met the residency obligation but was wondering if me taking care of my mum would be an exception when I am applying for a new Pr.

I hope to hear some explanation regarding my case.

Kind regards.
7/21/2016
Topic:
Bringing our Belongings into Canada

ForumUser
ForumUser
I moved back here from the US in 2002, my husband moved in 2007.

We have resided here ever since. I am a Canadian Citizen, and my husband has legal landed immigrant status.

I came up to care for my mother after she lost her eye and when she passed 5 years later my husband moved up.

We planned on renovating our house in the US to sell it, but in the mean time my brother was going through a divorce and decided he would live there.

The renovations were started while he was there and he oversaw everything. Three years ago he moved on with his life so we put the house up for sale, and it has taken us till this summer to sell it.

Now we need to bring back our belongings to Ottawa, all personal , but very little furniture.

We are going back next week to pack up and I need to know what papers are required to bring everything across the border other than the papers given to us by the international movers.

We will return to Ottawa.

Please get back to me regarding this matter.

Thank you so much for your help
7/21/2016
Topic:
Eligible for the Child Care Benefit?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am currently on an open work permit and my spouse and kid will be arriving sooner to stay with me.

My concern is, am I eligible for a child care benefit or not?

We are in Saskatchewan.
7/21/2016
Topic:
Marriage - Assuming my Partner's Name - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi there,

I'm getting married in August and have a question about assuming my partner's surname.

I would like to take his name but also keep mine, but am wondering if it's possible to do that without using a hyphen and just simply having 2 last names?

Or in that case would my current last name become my middle name if I add his surname to the end of mine?

Sorry if this is confusing.

I am in Hamilton.

Thank you in advance for your help!
7/21/2016
Topic:
Spouse Sponsorship and ODSP - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
My name is David and I live in Toronto.

I am a recipient Of ODSP, and need some information regarding eligibility to sponsor a spouse to Canada.

Am I eligible?

What would the process be - the same as listed on IRCC's site, or different?

How would this affect my ODSP support?
7/21/2016
Topic:
PR Card Processing Time-Business or Calendar Days?

ForumUser
ForumUser
The Processing times says 56 days, is it running days are working days?

I live in Vancouver, from where do they post the PR Card?

Hope to hear from you.

with best wishes
7/21/2016
Topic:
Issues with Tenants

ForumUser
ForumUser
Good day,

In search of some guidance how to deal with a tenant that cranks the A/C down to 18 or 19Degrees.

This is very hard on the A/C and I had an expensive repair.

I can't afford $1,000 repair every couple of years.

Any suggestions how to go forward?

Is a landloard protected in any way or can the tenant just do as they please and reck a place?

Please reply via email.
7/25/2016
Topic:
Can I still Sponsor someone?

ForumUser
ForumUser
It's 2016 almost August can I still sponsor someone???

Who can I sponsor then ??
7/25/2016
Topic:
How do I get OHIP Coverage?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello

I am a PR.

I arrived in Toronto last November with my parents.

We applied for OHIP on the 20th of November.

On the document, it says that i will be eligible for OHIP coverage for the 2nd of February of this year.

However, due to some family problems, we had to return back to Bangladesh for an extended period.

I have treturned to Toronto now.

Would you kindly tell me what I should do now to get my OHIP coverage and health card?

Thanks

Zubier
7/25/2016
Topic:
Can I start the Application for Divorce?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Earlier this year, my former spouse , upon signing our Separation Agreement, agreed to start the Application for a Divorce. She has not done so.

Can I start the Application myself?

I have discovered that my marriage was never certified.

I do not have a marriage certificate.

Will this pose a problem in obtaining a divorce?
7/26/2016
Topic:
Would like to get an Ontario Driver's Licence

ForumUser
ForumUser
I just moved from Winnipeg and am looking to get an Ontario drivers license.

I have a clean drivers record and have had my license for 18yrs.

Where do I go to get an ON drivers license?

Thanks for your time.
7/26/2016
Topic:
Need a Certified Translator

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello

I am Georgian who lives in Canada now and for registration NDB exam I need translate my Academic record from Georgian to English by the certified translator who holds the governmental licence(it is the very important requirement from NDB board).

Can you provide this kind of translation and if yes what steps should I take, can you give me any suggestions?.
7/26/2016
Topic:
How can I travel without my PR card?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I live in Toronto since June 2012.

My PR Card expired.

I applied for Renewal.

Renewal is still in the process.

I need to travel to United Kingdom for urgent private matter.

I hold Sri Lankan Passport.I need to apply for Visa to go to UK.

I need Temporary Travel permit to apply for VISA and and to return to Canada from UK.

Please advise me how to get Temporary Travel Permit and how to apply and whom to apply?

Thank you.
7/27/2016
Topic:
How can I get some ID for my Grandmother?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can someone please call or let me know by email how to get some form of proper ID for my Grand Mother.

She is 92 years old and has no proper ID other than the old red & White Health Card.

I can show tax returns and utility bills confirming her name, Social Insurance Number & Address.

Other than that card I have nothing and its very difficult to get anything done like an accessible parking Sticker.

She has never had a Drivers License, has been in Canada more than 60 years.

Please Advise.
Thank you