PMM

all messages by user

11/2/2015
Topic:
IMM 5688 - Applying for Citizenship

PMM
PMM
Hi

I'm in the process of applying for citizenship but I cannot seem to locate the IMM 5688 but I have the passport with the stamp of my first landing.

Would that be enough?

If not what should I do?

1. No, you have to apply for a certified copy of your "landing record" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

PMM
11/2/2015
Topic:
183 Days in Each Calendar Year - Citizenship

PMM
PMM
Hi

Dear Sir/Madam,

Appreciate if you can clarify a situation in which I become PR on Aug 2015 and want to apply for citizenship after completion of 4 years requirement.

Suppose I complete 4 years on Aug 31, 2019 but failed to comply with 183 days in 2015.

Will I be qualify for citizenship or I have to spend one more year to apply for citizenship?

Appreciate clarification on the same.

-SK-

1. You would be eligible to apply on 31 August 2019, if you didn't leave Canada for 1 day from the date of your "landing"

PMM
11/6/2015
Topic:
In-Land Sponsorship Open Work Permit

PMM
PMM

Hi

We have applied for inland sponsorship in may 2014. I have received my approval in principle. I want to apply for an open work permit now. Do i need a letter from the employer?

lavenda

1. No, as you have received AIP you can apply for an open work permit.

PMM
11/9/2015
Topic:
183 Days in Each Calendar Year - Citizenship

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi PMM,

I am still not clear. Allow me to put the question this way.

I become PR on Oct 20, 2015. Will I be eligible for citizenship on Oct 20, 2019 provided I don't leave Canada for one day? Will I meet the requirement of 183 days in each calendar year of last 4 years?

-SK-

Yes

PMM
11/13/2015
Topic:
Completing the B4 Forms - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

Recently I have been granted Canada PR and planning to move to Canada by end of this year. I was filling B4 form but have confusion. Please clarify me the following details:

1. I am an Indian currently residing in Amsterdam, so do I need to fill my current Amsterdam Address in Importer Address Section?
The address in the Importer Address section must be a Canadian address.
2. What country do I have to write in Country of export section as I will be moving to Canada from Amsterdam directly?

3. In “Additional List of Goods” there are 3 options, please explain which one to choose.

4. After a year or so I will go to India and may bring some more goods, do I need to mention the list of goods that I will bring from India in future?

Awaiting for your early response

1. You need a Canadian address for the importer.
2. Netherlands & India for the Goods to Follow.
3. Are you sure you are looking at the B4A?
4. Items you bring later are listed on the B4A as Goods to Follow.

PMM
11/13/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Application - Fingerprinting Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

Re. FP's request following citizenship application.
how to find most reliable/ recommended agency in toronto / north york area

thanks

1. The accredited organizations are listed here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check%23ac#ac

PMM
11/17/2015
Topic:
Last Name/Family Name

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

My Name is S***** Kumar S/o Mr. K***** Lal. My family name is "Dang", which is not mentioned in any of my records. Subsequently, my children name also does not entail the last name. We have recently migrated to Ontario on PR Status and realize that last name has lost of importance here. Kindly share the procedure to have the family names added with all the name, while we do not have any proof to validate our cast.

1. They you will have to have a name change application.

http://www.ontario.ca/page/change-name-adults

PMM
11/20/2015
Topic:
Permanent Resident - Child born overseas

PMM
PMM
Hi

hello,
i am a permanent resident living outside canada for more than four years. during this time, i got married in my country and have a son aged 20 months. now i want to settle back in canada. my pr card has expired three months back. i was really sick for the last two years. now my health is back on track. i want to know how can i apply for my husband and baby and for myself to get back to canada? any help would be appreciated.
regards

HS

1. It would appear that if you have been outside Canada for 4 years, you haven't met your Residency obligations. You would have to apply for a travel document from a Canadian office overseas. If it is refused, you would have the right of appeal to the Immigration Appeals Division as to why you shouldn't lose your PR status. You would have demonstrate Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons why you weren't able to meet the conditions.
2. Only once you have overcome that hurdle and been issued a TD and are in Canada, can you sponsor your spouse and dependents.

PMM
11/22/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Interview - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello everyone,

My father is 56 years old which is from what I understand does not need to write the test but he got a letter couple weeks ago to visit the CIC for veriication. I presume he will undergo an interview of some sorts.

Does anyone know what questions will be asked from him.

Any help would be appreciated.

spize

1. It depends on when he applied for citizenship whether he has to take the test or not. See: The citizenship test is the last step before the citizenship ceremony for nearly any person who wants to become a Canadian citizen. You need to prepare for the test and know what happens after you take it.
Who has to take the test

You must take the citizenship test if you:

are between the ages of 14 and 64 when you apply for citizenship, and
meet the basic conditions for citizenship.

Otherwise it is to check his passport to determine if he has 4 years residency. To see if he is able to communicate in English/French.

PMM
11/29/2015
Topic:
Validity of PR status

PMM
PMM
Hi

Dear Sir/Madam,

I enter canada on 27-12-2013 and returned my home country on 27-03-2014. My PR status will be expired on February' 2019. When i need to re-enter canada to renew PR card for further five years.

Biplab

1. You have to return by 26/03/17 and remain until 27/12/18 without leaving to renew your PR card.

PMM
11/30/2015
Topic:
EI Benefits while Sponsorship in Progress?

PMM
PMM
HI

Hi,

Can you go to Employment Insurance benefits while your application for family sponsorship is in progress?

The application for sponsorship was approved and the documents were forwarded to the Visa office for process but will take a year or longer to complete.

In the eligibility it says you should not receive social assistance while sponsering anyone. I was wondering if Receiving EI benefit because of job lose is considered receiving social assistance?

Thank you for your help.

1. EI is not social assistance. It is employment insurance, you pay into when you are working, and if eligible, collect when unemployed.

PMM
12/1/2015
Topic:
Do I required US Visa for a Connecting Flight?

PMM
PMM
HI

my wife is traveling from india to toronto, canada. i am in usa. we applied PR based of my wife so she is primary member. now we have to enter in Canada next march and planing to join with my wife from usa connecting flight. my question is does my wife required us visa for just connecting flight? i read some 3 year old post says us visa required for connecting flight but anyone have any recent experience or any idea?? i am on f1 visa in usa.

second question : is that mandatory that we have to enter in Canada together?? or we can enter separately?? for example my wife through fly and i can by road or fly latter???

third question : can i bring my luggage by road from usa to Canada by car or u-haul? i have lots luggage so no idea if custom give any hard time or not???

1. Yes, she requires a transit visa for the US.
2. Yes, you can enter separately, but your wife has to "land" first.
3. As an emigrant, it doesn't matter how you bring your goods in, just ensure that you complete a B4 (you can find it on the CBSA site) listing your goods accompanying and goods to follow.

PMM
12/4/2015
Topic:
Do I required US Visa for a Connecting Flight?

PMM
PMM
Hi

any idea, how long my wife has to land first? we are planing just for few hour different.
for example : we buying the air ticket like my spouse will land 1 hour before i land, should it be ok? or there should be few hours of days difference for landing separately???

HI

my wife is traveling from india to toronto, canada. i am in usa. we applied PR based of my wife so she is primary member. now we have to enter in Canada next march and planing to join with my wife from usa connecting flight. my question is does my wife required us visa for just connecting flight? i read some 3 year old post says us visa required for connecting flight but anyone have any recent experience or any idea?? i am on f1 visa in usa.

second question : is that mandatory that we have to enter in Canada together?? or we can enter separately?? for example my wife through fly and i can by road or fly latter???

third question : can i bring my luggage by road from usa to Canada by car or u-haul? i have lots luggage so no idea if custom give any hard time or not???

1. Yes, she requires a transit visa for the US.
2. Yes, you can enter separately, but your wife has to "land" first.
3. As an emigrant, it doesn't matter how you bring your goods in, just ensure that you complete a B4 (you can find it on the CBSA site) listing your goods accompanying and goods to follow.

PMM

1. As long as she "lands" before you, it doesn't matter if it is 15 minutes or 6 months, as long as she lands first.

PMM
12/5/2015
Topic:
Sponsoring my Wife's Mother

PMM
PMM
Hi

My wife has recently left her job post delivery and she is unemployed. We are in Canada for last 3.6 years and want to apply for her mothers PR. Can I apply as a co-sponsor considering my income fits in the LICO?

VKD

1. Yes, as long as you and your spouse's income meet the LICO + 30% for the previous 3 years.

PMM
12/11/2015
Topic:
Applying for PR - Parents

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello there,we were sponsored parent currently living in Toronto under TRV,how can we apply for permanent resident
And what are the requirements.Thank you in advance for any info.

1. Your children would have to sponsor you. The application would go to the office responsible for you normally reside.
2. There are only 5000 Grand/Parent sponsorship slots open at the present time. The program will open in January/04/16. Last year all the allotment was gone in a day and a half.
3. The instructions are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

PMM