chanderkanta

all messages by user

6/14/2014
Topic:
Can we Travel with our Landing Paper? No PR card

chanderkanta
chanderkanta

Hello,

As Klaus mentioned, if you gave Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) an address in Canada, but you leave before the card was mailed to you, you can ask your family or friends who live at that address to send you the PR card. You can then re-enter Canada with your PR Card. However, if you do this, you are taking a risk.

Thanks for your reply Anna. It is useful for other like me as well.

You mentioned estherjung0130 is taking a risk. One risk I understand is the risk of loosing the cars in mail. What are the other risks?
6/14/2014
Topic:
Short Landing and Return after 6-8 mths - Problems

chanderkanta
chanderkanta
Hi All,

I've recently got my PR.

I'm planning to go to Canada to do a short landing and go back to US.
I'm planning to go to Toronto and stay there for 2 weeks to be able to apply for SIN, health card, PR card etc. Then I'll go back to US to complete my work assignment.

I plan to leave my daughter and my wife in Canada. Both are dependents on me. I'll be able to move to Canada permanently only after 7-8 months. Both will stay there till I join them after 8 months.

I've few questions about it plan and I'm seeking moerator's or official settlement.org's employees help for this query as they have close to real information.

Final Move:

1. Is there anything illegal about my above plan?

2. I'll stay only for 2-3 weeks and then permanently move only after 7-8 months. This is an extended stay out of Canada after becoming PR. Will it cause me any problems at port of entry when I return to Canada after 8 months? I don't want to jeopardize my PR.

3. PR Card: I understand PR card is required to travel back to Canada and it is mailed to the given Canadian Address:
a. Can the First time PR card be applied under Urgent Processing?
b. Is there a possibility that I may be asked to come and collect the card in person? I'm a new immigrant and this will be my first card.
c. I saw many past photo related problem in this forum but they are all prior to 2014. Are such problems still common? Basically, I want to find out if I might need to come to Canada again before my PR card has been received.
d. In my case, my wife will be staying back and will bring my PR card to me in person instead of mailing, so there are no mailing risks for me. But are there any other possible issues apart from mailing?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Chander
6/15/2014
Topic:
Short Landing and Return after 6-8 mths - Problems

chanderkanta
chanderkanta
Thanks for the reply Klaus.

Does the situation change after Bill C24 becomes a law? Do you what is the impact of that on my situation?
7/1/2014
Topic:
Proof of Funds Bank Demand Draft

chanderkanta
chanderkanta
Hi,

I'm going to land in few weeks and I'm bringing an Indian Bank's Demand Draft in CAD in my name as POF and for my expenses. To make the draft I transferred the money to my Father's acct as my bank was incapable for issuing draft in CAD.
My question is: is this a problem at the time of landing? Do they check the source of funds? If yes what documents do I need to bring?
7/7/2014
Topic:
Proof of Funds Bank Demand Draft

chanderkanta
chanderkanta
Unfortunately, I did not get any information from your answer. My question is simple: immediate source of my Bank Draft is my Father's account. But it is my money that I transferred to his account.
So, my question is this because the Bank Draft is made from my Father's account is it likely cause any problem/confusion at the time of immigration? If yes, are there any documents that I should carry with me to prove that these are my funds?
Thanks,
Chann
7/7/2014
Topic:
How Much Time before Expiry do I have to Land?

chanderkanta
chanderkanta
Deal all,

I received my PR visa in end of April and on the visa the expiry date mentioned is 2nd week of Jan 2015.

I just wanted to clarify that I can land anytime before this expiry date, right?

It is already 3 months since receiving my visa and I might not be able to land before mid August. This should not be an issue, right?

Thanks.
chander