ghafoori

all messages by user

10/7/2014
Topic:
Spouse Sponsorship and Immigration Loans

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hello,

I am asking questions on behalf my two sisters who are living in Canada as permanent residents, both married oversea and are on their way to sponsor their husbands and are both unemployed.

My smaller sister was 17 years old when she came to canada and her immigration loan was under my moms name. Now she is almost 19 and returned to Canada after getting married. By the law, you should pay all immigration fees and loans before you apply.

When I called Immigration loan, they said that the dont have any file for her because she was under her mom when the loan was received. She is also pregnant and unemployed.
So can she still apply to sponsor her husband when is unemployed due to her pregnancy and other health issues? Is the immigration loan she received when she was 17 going to effect on her sponsorship application?

The other one is also married. She paid a part of her immigration loan on monthly basis when she arrived and paid the rest of the loan almost two years after arriving in Canada (So yeh late payment). She is also unemployed, but is really trying very hard to find a job as she is not very good in English. Can she apply to sponsor her husband?

The lawyer asked them for $1500 each to help them apply and they want to make sure their application wont refuse so that they wont lose their money.

I myself am fully employed and have a high income and I am willing to help their husbands financially when they arrive in Canada in case they need.

I will highly appreciate your detailed answer.

Thanks,

S Ghafoori
11/30/2015
Topic:
EI Benefits while Sponsorship in Progress?

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi,

Can you go to Employment Insurance benefits while your application for family sponsorship is in progress?

The application for sponsorship was approved and the documents were forwarded to the Visa office for process but will take a year or longer to complete.

In the eligibility it says you should not receive social assistance while sponsering anyone. I was wondering if Receiving EI benefit because of job lose is considered receiving social assistance?

Thank you for your help.

1/8/2016
Topic:
Sponsoring Spouse - Need to include Cdn. Child?

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi

I have question if anyone can help.

My sis is currently filling an application to sponsor her husband. My sister is PR and she has a one year old daughter which was born and currently living in Canada with my sister.

She was wondering if her husband have to put the child in the additional dependants/declaration form or additional family information form ? They dont have any other child and the one year old was born in Canada.

Thank you,
3/8/2016
Topic:
Mailing Address - Visa Office - New Delhi

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi,

I have submitted a spousal sponsorship application in Canada. My spouse received an email asking him to send some documents. Based on his geographic location, The visa office at New Delhi, India was selected and CIC is asking to send documents to this visa office.

I could not find a mailing address for New Delhi visa office myself so a friend of mine forwarded the following mailing address which I mailed the documents:

P.O. Box 5207, New Delhi, India, 110021 India

CIC says that I will not receive a letter of acknowledgment , but it will be noted in my file online. Now 3 months past since I mailed my documents, but still I dont see any update in my file online if they received it or not.

I am wondering maybe I sent it to wrong address?

Can anyone confirm if the mailing address is the correct one to send application documents to New Delhi visa office or there is another address?

My sister is also filling an application to sponsor her spouse and we want to make sure we are sending documents to valid address.

Thank you,
Ghafoori

3/22/2016
Topic:
Citizenship Application - Canadian Addresses

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi,

Citizenship Application Question 6E - addresses

Do you have put all addresses including those where you lived only temporary for few months or only the addresses where you officially changed your address in all government IDs and docs?

I lived in 6 places but only changed my addresses on 3 of them because the other three were temporary for very short period of time. Also, what about if you visited other countries for a month or two?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rowin,
2/14/2018
Topic:
Applying for Citizenship - Travel to Home Country

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi,

Thank you in advance for reading this and for your response.

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and filling for my Canadian citizenship. I have a question which I couldn't find an answer suitable to my situation.

The Facts:
- Left my home country when I was 6 years old with my mother due to civil war.
- Lived in a second country as a refugee until I was 20
- A Group of 5 sponsored my mom and her dependents ( me, my sisters ). I was under 18 when the sponsorship application was submitted.
- Landed in Canada in 2011. I went back to my country in 2014 for two months to get married because my wife's family lived there. I used my home country passport. It was the first time I was visiting my country since we left it when I was 6.

The Question:
I am applying for my citizenship soon. Considering my satiation above, and the fact that you are not supposed to travel back to your home country when you left it for fear of prosecution, Am I putting myself in danger of Residency Revocation and removal from Canada?

Please note that I was 6 years old when we left the country and it was my first time when I traveled back. I am not very sure what Refugee category we were, but I think it was under country of asylum class due to our satiation. My mom was the principal applicant. She never went back to the country.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
12/6/2018
Topic:
Police Clearance Certiticate

ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi,

During the citizenship interview and Test with my daughter, the officer asked us to provide a police clearance certificate for the amount of time that we Stayed in Pakistan.

I asked a relative to apply in Pakistan for the certificate in my behalf and I just received the police certificate in mail after 4 weeks of applying for it.

However, there is a spelling and typo mistake in the text of the document. Month of July was written as 06 as opposed to 07 and also the word "previously" was mistyped as "presently". Just wondering if the local police station can cross the words and write the correct one with a signature in the current document or should we ask for a completely new police certificate? Please note that obtaining police certificate takes weeks from Pakistan and if we need to get a new one, we will have to wait another 4-6 weeks to get it.

Thank you for your help.