Lost password

manishkhanna3002

all messages by user

1/9/2015
Topic:
Questions About Post Landing - Toronto

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
I have got immigrant visa and planning to land in Toronto in the near future. I have the following queries and would appreciate if you could answer them for me:

1) What happens exactly after post landing at Pearson International Airport in Toronto?

2) Does the post landing formalities happen 24 hours a day or Is there any specific time duration during which post landing formalities happen at the airport? What if a person arrives during evening or night time at the airport?

3) How much time does post landing formalities take?

1/11/2015
Topic:
Questions About Post Landing - Toronto

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
Thanks PMM for your reply. I have one more question:

1) Where can I find B4 and B4A Goods accompanying and goods to follow forms.

Hi

I have got immigrant visa and planning to land in Toronto in the near future. I have the following queries and would appreciate if you could answer them for me:

1) What happens exactly after post landing at Pearson International Airport in Toronto?

2) Does the post landing formalities happen 24 hours a day or Is there any specific time duration during which post landing formalities happen at the airport? What if a person arrives during evening or night time at the airport?

3) How much time does post landing formalities take?

1. You tell Customs Primary examination that you are here to "land". They will refer you to Immigration secondary. Depend on what category you are "landing" in, you will need your passport, COPR, Proof of funds, and B4 & B4A Goods accompanying and Goods to follow. You will be asked if your family composition has changed, whether you have any criminal records. You will need a Canadian address for your PR card to be mailed to.
2. Immigration/Customs at International airports are open whenever an International flight arrives.
3. Depends on how many people are referred to Immigration. If it is a slow time, 20 minutes, if busy 2/3 hours.

PMM
1/11/2015
Topic:
Temporary accommodation in Toronto

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
I am planning to land at Toronto Pearson International Airport as a permanent resident in the near future. Please let me know some cheap and best temporary accommodation options where I could stay after landing.

Are there any specific ones that most permanent residents choose for short stay after landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport?
1/15/2015
Topic:
Temporary accommodation in Toronto

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
Thanks Julia.
2/2/2015
Topic:
Query regarding address for PR card

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
Hi

I am planning to immigrate to Toronto in the near future. As per my knowledge I will be asked about the address for PR card dispatch at the airport but I won't be having any address when I arrive in Toronto as I am a newcomer then what's the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks
Manish
2/3/2015
Topic:
Query regarding address for PR card

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
Hi

I am planning to land at Pearson International Airport Toronto. I have a relative in Mississauga but I am not going to stay with them, can I still be able to give their address of Mississauga at the airport for PR Card dispatch and later on collect the PR Card from them when it is delivered. I believe it is not mandatory for me to be present at the mentioned address to collect my PR Card, that is my signatures etc. are not required for collection of PR Card when it is delivered.

Manish

Hi

Hi

I am planning to immigrate to Toronto in the near future. As per my knowledge I will be asked about the address for PR card dispatch at the airport but I won't be having any address when I arrive in Toronto as I am a newcomer then what's the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks
Manish

1. If you don't have the address of a friend or relative in Canada, then you have 6 months after "landing" to inform CIC of a Canadian address for the PR card.

PMM
10/7/2017
Topic:
How to find a decent room for rent in Toronto?

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
Hi

I have changed 10 homestays till now (cheap as well as expensive), does anyone has any idea about finding good furnished room for a reasonable price.

It looks as if rooms in homestays are for temporary stay (like 1 or 2 months) but if someone like to stay longer then what are the options?

I have tried staying in rooms as low in cost as CAD 500 and as high as CAD 1100 for a month but result is same, I am required to leave the place in a month or 2. The reason is that somewhere I am not comfortable to stay long in the home of the other person and somewhere they are not comfortable to keep me too long in their home.

I am not ready to sign a lease where I am bound legally for 8 months to an year and stay alone in whole apartment. I don't want to get into the hassle of doing lease for 8 months to an year where I am required to pay 3 to 6 months rent in advance and put all the furniture.

Is there any solution to my difficulty or there is no solution except to keeping moving from 1 homestay to another, packing and unpacking stuff again and again, paying the high cost of moving from 1 place to another and so on?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Manish
4/7/2023
Topic:
Query regarding PR Card dispatch

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002
Hi
I am applying for PR Card renewal and have a question regarding PR Card dispatch. I do not have a permanent address in Canada so I want to get my renewed PR Card dispatched in UPS mailbox but the instruction for PR Card renewal says that "Your PR Card will be sent to your residential address (the address where you live). PR Cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if this is your residential mailing address. It is important to note that PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses (e.g. representative, family member)."

So kindly let me know if it is possible to get my renewed PR Card dispatched in UPS mailbox?
Thanks
Manish Khanna