Lost password

Barron

all messages by user

2/18/2018
Topic:
I am an Adult and Want to get Grade 12

Barron
Barron
You might be able to find more information about the schools in your area by checking out the different Newcomer services that are within an appropriate distance. You can find these by checking out the map at the bottom of this page. I hope this helps!
2/18/2018
Topic:
Sponsor a Son

Barron
Barron
As long as you have no other relatives you could sponsor instead and you don’t have any who are Canadian citizens
or a permanent resident

Check out Option 2 here.
2/18/2018
Topic:
Applying for Citizenship - Travel to Home Country

Barron
Barron
I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but I'm really not qualified to do so. Most of the information that I can find does not differentiate between whether or not the person traveling is the principal applicant or not. I read this information here, but I think the most important bit is the suggestion to get legal advice. I wish you luck!
2/28/2018
Topic:
Re-Activate My Social Insurance Number (SIN)-How?

Barron
Barron
Snowman, I haven't been able to find any instances of anyone trying to put out a lawsuit for this. That doesn't mean you theoretically couldn't, but I'm not sure if the grounds would exist. You can get it reactivated though! If that's not enough, I obviously can't give you any kind of legal advice but you could always try to approach a lawyer and see what you can do about it.
2/28/2018
Topic:
City of Destination

Barron
Barron
I could make some educated guesses, but I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction. You should contact a visa office in order to figure out what you need to do from here. You can find out where the nearest visa offices are here.
2/28/2018
Topic:
Tax on Savings from Home Country - After Landing

Barron
Barron
This site may be able to help you figure out what you need to do. There are a few people in that thread with similar situations and various links that should lead you to helpful resources. I particularly found the bit about how vague residence status can be in these situations to be something worth looking into.
2/28/2018
Topic:
Looking for Housing - Reasonable price

Barron
Barron
For your second question, I don't think it would affect you according to the eligibility requirements for Old Age Pension and GIS found here since it wouldn't affect your income unless you plan to rent it out. As to the first, I can't find any information on that. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.