Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

4/20/2017
Topic:
Would like to Sponsor my Mother - Options?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I'm very interested to sponsor my mom. She is 78 years old and currently leaves in Poland.

I have no other relatives left in there. I noticed that the application process for 2017 is closed as of Feb 2017 and no applications are taken until 2018.

That's really long time.

Could you please let me know what other options are available to help her to come here.

Thank you in advance.
4/24/2017
Topic:
Lost my SIN

ForumUser
ForumUser
I'd like to report a lost sin card. I lost my wallet on December 25th of 2016
4/24/2017
Topic:
Have Not Received SIN Yet

ForumUser
ForumUser
i had applied for sin number on 5 april but i haven't got my sin yet. so please provide me sin number. you said that i will get my sin by post but it haven't arrived till now.
4/25/2017
Topic:
Trying to Replace Son's SIN

ForumUser
ForumUser
hello, I am trying to get my 14yr old son's sin card replaced as it was lost a year ago. I need to know what steps to take to get a replacement
4/25/2017
Topic:
Noise Issues - Housing Complex Basketball Area

ForumUser
ForumUser
My wife and I have been living in ******* ***** Corporation for a number of years now, and we have had issues with basketball nets.

We have moved from one location to another.

And over the past 1 1/2 we have complaineded to peel. Corp, the other day our support agent came by and told us that our neighbours have the right to play basketball in their front and backyards.

The front is considered a common area but the back yard is where we are having issues.

Their net is just a couple of feet away from our Livingroom window, and the constant thumping of the basketball is driving my wife and I up the wall especially my wife who is home during the day.

We feel the *** Living Corp isn't doing anything for us.

Do we not have any rights as to our peace of mind and quietness.

We are in Mississauga.
4/25/2017
Topic:
How Can I Apply for OHIP? - Mailing Address?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Is there a mailing address I could send my application into or do I have to go to Service Canada
4/25/2017
Topic:
Speed up Sponsorship Application - Possible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I got my confirmation of permanent residence visa on 15th March 2017.

I flew to Canada on 4th April 2017.

In between these two events I solemnised my registrar marriage with on 29th march 2017.

I have applied for my husband's dependent sponsorship permanent residence visa on 11th April.

He is working in India currently.

I am in Canada doing my pre-licensing program of my regulated physiotherapy profession.

I request you to please consider our case as managing alone immediately after getting newly married is extremely difficult.

I have paid his visa fees and we have also sent our required documents to immigration office in Ottawa on 12th April 2017 from India.

I request you to please help me reunite with newly wed husband at the earliest to meet my basic family needs as I am alone here.

Thanking you in anticipation.
4/27/2017
Topic:
Where Can I Find Info About Landlord Rights?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I am the landlord of a rental property in Ottawa Ontario. I have decided to move in to this property but it is leased until August 2017.

Who can I ask about my rights?

How do I end the lease?

Can I end it sooner than what the lease says?
5/2/2017
Topic:
Moving Back to Ontario From Another Province- OHIP

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi

I will be moving back to Ontario in July 2017 and have been living in British Columbia since

I left Ontario in September of 1977

How do I apply for OHIP?
5/2/2017
Topic:
Lease Extension - Question

ForumUser
ForumUser
We have a two year signed lease and would like to extend it.

Wondering if we have to sign for another full year or if we can go month to month once the original lease expires.

Any information you could provide on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks
5/2/2017
Topic:
Looking for Subsidized Housing to Rent

ForumUser
ForumUser
Looking for Subsidized Housing to Rent
5/9/2017
Topic:
Not Met PR Requirements - Return to Canada

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello sir,
I landed with my family(me ,my husband and 2 kids) in 2012 and stayed for 2 months and received our PR cards ,we came back to Egypt as my mother got sick and admitted to ICU ,I got another baby after that born in Egypt .We couldn't come back to Canada .Our PR cards will expire this year.I know that we didn't fulfil the residency obligations .I'm asking if it is possible to apply to immigration again through the express entry system .
Thank you.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Where Do I Get The Marriage Certificate?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,
I was born in Canada, and my marriage was on April 23/2017 in Pakistan.

I wish to sponsor my wife to Canada however before I can begin the process I want to apply for a marriage certificate.

I checked the website however was unable to find the information.

If you could point me in the right direction I'd be great.

Thanks,

Bilal
5/9/2017
Topic:
Sponsor My Grandmother - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
I would like some information on how my family and I may sponsor our grandmother who is alone in Sri lanka.

We have all been here in Canada for the past 30+ years and are Canadian citizens.

Please let me know how we may start the process.

Thanks
5/9/2017
Topic:
Citizenship Application Question 6G - Addresses

ForumUser
ForumUser
In the form the address where you have resided is asked, 6 years or since PR. I am in Canada since 4 years, so 2 years residence is for the country I came from?