ForumUser
How can I find job opportunities?
6/6/2017
Topic:
Looking For University Level High School Courses

ForumUser
ForumUser
Take chemistry, biology ...

Already have my diploma. I am a mature student. Where can I take these university level high school courses?
6/13/2017
Topic:
Volunteer Work Outside Canada - PR Residency?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I would like to know if the absence from the country to work in a NGO as a volunteer cooperant counts for the residence period of 730 days.

Tks,
6/15/2017
Topic:
Live Outside Ontario- Ontario Driver's Licence?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am currently residing in Upstate NY and am so close to Ontario that I am frequently at Niagara-on-the-Lake. I would like to obtain an Ontario driver's license. Is there a problem if I do not reside in Ontario?

Thank you
6/22/2017
Topic:
Getting a Divorce Outside Canada

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi there -

If I was married in India (that is where my marriage certificate is from) and have lived in Canada since. If I get divorced in India - what do I need to do to make it legal in Canada?
6/22/2017
Topic:
Which PR card Should She Use?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My wife is in the uk and will come back in july 2017...

she carries a valid pr card ...

we applied for a renewal and received a new one just recently...

can she still use the old pr card she is carrying with validity till october or should i send the new one via courier before she comes back?

Will she have no problem coming back using the pr card she is carrying which will expire oct 2017?.

i applied 9 months early before the expiration and am surprised that we will received the new pr card so quick.
6/22/2017
Topic:
Not Met Residency Requirements - Renew PR card?

ForumUser
ForumUser
710 Days I physically present in canada within the 5 years period.

Can i apply for renew my PR card ??
6/27/2017
Topic:
Questions Landlord can Ask

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am looking to move to Alberta and I have applied to several places and I am uncomfortable when they ask my bank balance, my pension information, and SIN number.

I do understand the need to make sure I have a good credit rating and references but I am not willing to provide the above information. Is this normal to ask such questions.

What do you advise?
6/29/2017
Topic:
Claim EI if Dismissed Without Cause? - Possible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can I claim UI if i was dismissed without cause?

This happened in April.

Is it too late to apply if I can collect?

I have a ROE
6/30/2017
Topic:
My Status in Canada & Documents for Daughter

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I wish to know the chances of continuation of my Permanent Residence status in Canada if I migrate to Canada now, as early as I can.

Further, I may need some time to get the travel documents ready for my younger daughter before moving to Canada.
7/11/2017
Topic:
PR card Renewal - Photocopy ALL Pages? Notarized?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello.

I am wondering if you can assist with a few questions about PR card replacement. Firstly, do all passport pages need to be photocopied or just the main photo page bearing all my information and the page that was stamped when I landed November 2016?

As well, do the photocopies have to be notarized?
7/13/2017
Topic:
Alternative Job for Lawyer

ForumUser
ForumUser
hello,
I am an Advocate high court ( 3 year practitioner ) from Pakistan
i want to get alternate job for foriegn lawyer such as mediator & law clerk etc
7/13/2017
Topic:
Subsidized Housing

ForumUser
ForumUser
my cousin is an immigrant and living with his son from five years but his son can not keep him with him, he is looking for the help to have his own dwellings, can govt help him in this matter
7/13/2017
Topic:
Alternative Therapy Degrees from India

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can I get evaluate my degree?
7/13/2017
Topic:
3 Month Waiting Period - Apply to Everyone?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Good Morning,

I am a Canadian citizen who has lived in the USA for the past 14 years, and am finally coming home. I see there is a 3 month wait period for newcomers to Canada, but how does it work for me and my kids, who are Canadian citizens?

I'm assuming we would not need to wait the three month period, but I cannot fine anything on the website. Your response would be greatly appreciated.