ForumUser

all messages by user

7/20/2017
Topic:
Importing my Pet (Dog) to Canada - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello there.

I'm interested in moving to Canada shortly from Australia and I would like to bring my dog with me.

My question is, can I move to Canada on a 2 year visa or live there whilst the PR is in process and bring my dog with me after all vet requirements are checked?

Kind Regards
7/20/2017
Topic:
Help with filing out Subsidized Housing Forms

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi Sir/Madam

Is there any place where I can go and take help to fill the application form for the subsidies housing.

I live in Oakville.

Please can you provide me with details like contact info and address, so that i can approach in person and take help to apply for housing.

Thank you in advance
7/20/2017
Topic:
Landlord Said They Needed the Apartment

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello

We have recently moved out of a rented home because the landlord wants to sell the home .

However someone else is living there now, are they allowed to do that?

Make us move and tell us they are selling the house then change their mind?
7/20/2017
Topic:
Can My Aunt Sponsor Me?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My aunt is a canadian citizen with no spouse.

I am her nephew (22y/o). Can she sponsor me?

Can my Aunt sponsor me?
7/20/2017
Topic:
Documents For Residency Proof For Children - OHIP

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I am living abroad with my family but we plan stay in Canada soon. My two children and I are Canadian citizens and would like to apply for OHIP when we arrive. For the children's documents, may I use one of the listed documents of mine to prove their residency?

They wouldn't receive any kind of statements or documents to show their place of residence.
7/20/2017
Topic:
Break Rental Agreement due to Unfinished Repairs?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can I break a rental agreement due to unfinished or neglected repairs? Some of which are a danger to my health and safety.
7/20/2017
Topic:
How Can I Find a Job?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am in Ottawa.

How Can I Find a Job?
7/20/2017
Topic:
Eligible for OHIP Coverage?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello!

I have been living in Toronto since April/2016. My status is International Student, My husband has work permit, and my kids study permit.

My husband worked for a company last year for 5 months, and now he is working again but in other company.

I would like to know what I need it to apply for OHIP. My permanence will expire in December 2017 and I will apply for PGWP.

If I can do it, what documents are necessaries?

Thank you so much.

I'm sorry about my concerns but I thought should be important for my kids more that protection on this amazing land.

Thanks again!
7/20/2017
Topic:
Evaluation of Educational Credentials

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am a Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery and want to apply for immigration via EE. I am finding it hard to find which assessment body will be the best to get my educational credentials assessed. all sorts of help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
7/20/2017
Topic:
Days Before Permanent Residency-Citizenship

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have a question regarding visitor Visa days are countable for residency requirement or not according to the new bill C-6? i have spent 11 months in Canada as visitor before i get my work visa and PR.

Here is your Article as follows....

C-6 will also:

Allow permanent residents who had spent time in Canada on temporary status, such as on a work or study permit, to count up to 365 days of this temporary status towards the residency requirement.

Thank you for your clarification.
7/20/2017
Topic:
IRCC Lost PR Card Photos

ForumUser
ForumUser
My sons PR card has never arrived due to Immigration service that has lost my sons photos

and now as he has left the country to go to see his grandparents

now he can not enter back to Canada.

We did contact grandparents to get new photos and to send them back to Canada but it has been more than month since it was sent with a correct address and has not arrived just yet

my wife and i have been worried sick of what is going to happen arround september time when he needs to go back to Canada for school and he wont be able to enter just because Canadian Immigration has lost the Photos for the PR card
7/20/2017
Topic:
How Can I Regain my Canadian Citizenship?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello, I was born in Edmonton, Alberta and was allowed to carry duel citizenship with my dads country (Austria).

When my parents became citizens in the US in the late 70's, they took away my right to keep my Canadian citizenship.

How do I regain this and can I now apply for a passport as well?

If so, would you please tell me which forms to fill out.

Thank you so much,
7/20/2017
Topic:
Do I Meet Income Requirement? - Parent Sponsorship

ForumUser
ForumUser
Won the lotterie to sponsor my parents. My family consists of 5 (my wife, 3 childrens and myself .

i am the only one working with a gross income of $77k) I would like to know if i meet financial requirement...
7/20/2017
Topic:
Can I Apply for a Super Visa for Mother & Brother?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I have a PR card.

Can I apply for a supervisa for my mother and brother on my own if I am married or does my spouse need to be on the application as well?

I would like to apply for my mother living back home and my 16 year old brother as well. I just want to understand some of the rules and regulations before applying.

Also, on the Supervisa website, it mentions that for 1 applicant the minimum yearly income is around 25k. However, I never worked in Canada as my parents still financially support me from back home. But I have these funds available in my bank account.

Thank you,
7/25/2017
Topic:
Cumulative Rent Increases - Possible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I have a question about cumulative rent increases:

I have been renting a property in Toronto for three years. My landlord increased the rent after one year, but for the past two years it has remained the same. However, he has informed me that he would like to increase the rent by 2.8% beginning this fall. I know the limit for 2017 is only 1.5%, but my landlord claims that he can increase the rent cumulatively since he did not increase it at all during 2016.

Is this true?

Does he need to apply to the Landlord & Tenant Board to approve this?

Please advise.

Thank you,