ForumUser

all messages by user

7/25/2017
Topic:
Landlord Asking For Photocopy of Passport & Visa

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

i'm a newcomer in toronto, my landlord is asking me to send him photoes of my passport along with the visa page in the passport.
is it ok to send him this information ?
7/25/2017
Topic:
Need To Find A Place To Live

ForumUser
ForumUser
We have told our landlord that we are moving out from the old house we live in and we couldn't find any house to move out on time.

So what is the solution for this problem?

Thank you.
7/25/2017
Topic:
Continuing Education

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,I am a newcomer and I need a farsi council to help me about continuing my education,is anyone to help?
7/25/2017
Topic:
Break a Rental Agreement

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can I break a rental agreement due to unfinished or neglected repairs? Some of which are a danger to my health and safety.
8/1/2017
Topic:
OSAP Questions - PR

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have a few questions about the OSAP program here.

I am international student applying to Undergraduate program in Toronto.

I hold PR here.

I am confused .
8/2/2017
Topic:
Eligible to Apply for Citizenship?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

We have a question for you and we hope that you can help us.

We moved to Canada (Vancouver) on February 1st, 2010. with the Permanent Resident status. Unfortunately we had to go back to Europe twice since, and we are still in Europe.
We recently found out about the changes in Citizenship Law, and we are very interested to see if we are at all eligible to apply.
According to the calculator at your web site we are eligible (once all the law changes apply in Fall 2017), but still, we would like to check couple of details with you, that we are not certain about and gives us a bit of concern.

So, we moved to Canada on February 1st 2010, and went back to Europe on January 28, 2012.
On March 27, 2013 we came back to Canada, and then on September 24, 2014. again we had to go back to Europe.
Since then, we are still in Europe.

I understand that we do have required 3 years out of 5, but depending on what 5 years you are looking at.

Could you please help in determining if we have any chance at all to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon.
8/2/2017
Topic:
Consequences of Getting a Divorce - Leave Country?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello, I just have a simple question.
If I get divorce within the first 2 years of my marriage do I lose my PR status? When I landed the border official told me that i had to live at least 2 years in the same place to keep my PR status. Do I have to leave everything and go back to my country? Is there any posibility of avoiding that if that's the case?
Thank you.
8/2/2017
Topic:
Not Received PR Card Yet -How to Re-enter Canada?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi
I am a new comer to Canada landed on June 8th 2017 under Permanent resident visa for FSWP. I am panning to bring my child who is 7yrs, in october 2017 whose visa date is up to dec 2017.
My first concern is till date i didn't receive my PR card.

1)May i know the other options to travel to India in October and come back with my kid in 10 days.

2) May i know what are the papers i need to bring for my child to get registered in Canada during and after landing and also how long this process is going to take.

3) what are the child care benefits i am eligible for, how to apply for them, the necessary documents and again how long he should stay here,
because though i am married i am living here as a single parent to take care of my child. My spouse is a non accompanying dependent.

Now i am working as a full time volunteer since June 2017 to till date as a physiotherapy assistant without any income. I am waiting with hope to get a paid job to take care of myself and my kid.

Thank you
8/3/2017
Topic:
What Do I Need To Apply For When Moving To ON?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Sir/Madam,

I received my PR cards through Nomination Program from Nova Scotia and I landed in March 2017. But I am unable to find a job here (I am a Mechanical Engineer), therefore, I want to move to Toronto now.

In that case, will Ontario Immigration support to get all the benefits which every immigrant get after landing in Ontario. I confirmed from Nova Scotia Immigration department for moving to another province, they do not have any problems and I can move to any other province.

Can you please throw some light upon the benefits which I can get if I move to Ontario?
8/12/2017
Topic:
What Is The Processing Time for the PR card?

ForumUser
ForumUser
What is the 45 days and 49 days for? To me both seem to be for renewal of PR card. Please clarify

"Generally, it takes about 45 days to process PR cards for new permanent residents once IRCC receives a complete application package from individuals who have fulfilled their residency requirements. Applications for renewed PR Cards generally take 49 days."
8/12/2017
Topic:
How Can We Obtain SIN For Our Son?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My son was born outside Canada from Canadian citizen parents. Now we are back to Canada, how we can obtain a SIN for him. He is now 11 years old. Thanks
8/15/2017
Topic:
How Can I Enroll in Citizenship Classes?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, how can I enroll in Canadian Citizenship classes.
Thank you very much,
8/15/2017
Topic:
PR - How Long Can I Stay Outside Canada?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, I am currently a permanent resident of Canada and i have been since March 2014. I have accumulated about 3 years in Canada since I got my PR.

I am currently in Macedonia, and i have been here the past 2 months, and I need to stay here longer than 6 months but shorter than a year.

Is that possible and will that affect my permanent residency in any way?
8/17/2017
Topic:
Could Not Receive PR card - Options?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My aunt could not recive her pr Card
8/24/2017
Topic:
How Do I Know What The Income Tax Rate Will Be?

ForumUser
ForumUser
if someone was making 172000 a year how much tax would be taken 29% which is 122 000 a year?