Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

11/28/2017
Topic:
I am an Adult and Want to get Grade 12

ForumUser
ForumUser
who do I contact about going back to school.

in Brampton about getting my grade 12
11/28/2017
Topic:
COPR Lists Saskatoon - Must Land/Live there?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Concerned,

Good Morning !

I got the confirmation of permanent residency (Federal visa through express entry) stamped on my passport a couple of days back. However, I have an inquiry that I mentioned the preferred city of residence as Saskatoon while filing my application as I had a cousin there. But now my relatives have shifted to Toronto. Please help me to understand that where I have to land initially so that there are no problems at the point of entry. Can I directly land in Toronto or do I have to go to Saskatchewan first...Please update me.

I would be highly obliged by your support.

Thank You !
11/28/2017
Topic:
Back in Canada 20 Yrs Later- Apply for PR card?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I re-entered Canada after 20 years. My family landed in Canada more than 25 years ago and I was taken outside Canada as a teen with my parents.

When re-entering Canada, I was told at the land border that I should remain in Canada for at least two years in order to meet my permanent resident residency requirements.

In this case, when can I apply for my PR card?

Now that I have recently re-entered Canada? Or after I complete the two years?
11/30/2017
Topic:
Can I Get a Divorce?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,
I want to find out if you can get a divorce without contacting a lawyer if you are separated for 17 years and there is no more settlement to be done as all was divided at the time of the separation. Are there forms I can get to start the proceeding of a divorce.

Thanks,
11/30/2017
Topic:
Waiting for a Month

ForumUser
ForumUser
I need someone to talk to about my permanent residence because I have been waiting almost a month for it and I really need it.
12/5/2017
Topic:
Can I be Sponsored While Living In Ontario?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Can my wife sponsor my permanent residency application while I'm living in Ontario?

I'm American but don't have a study or work permit.

I'd like to stay in Canada while the application is being processed if possible.

Thank you for your time.
12/5/2017
Topic:
Eligibility for Financial Assistance for Education

ForumUser
ForumUser
I originally resided in Edmonton,

for the last few years and after i got divorced from my son's dad which lives overseas i was unable to bring my son to canada due to court order that left me struggling to stay in the same country to be able to be with my son or see him which resulted in financial difficulties for myself to keep up.

this year he will graduate from grade 12 and convinced him and his dad to best continue his studies in Toronto so that i can finally come home with him.

I need to know how i can get financial help for his education since i myself will need to again to stand on my feet and find a job to cover other living expenses.

I hope to get the help and the reply to bring me and my son back home.

Regards
12/5/2017
Topic:
Subsidized Housing Considered Social Assistance?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Could be Subsidized housing qualify as a social assistance?
12/5/2017
Topic:
Discrimination in Housing

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi. I was looking to rent a place in Toronto and the lady that I spoke to was asking me questions such as "Where were you born?" and "Where did you come from?".

On asking her why she was asking that. She said that it was a requirement before renting.

Is it legal?

I would appreciate some support regarding this as this is my first time renting.

Also what actions can I take if I have her voice recorded?
12/5/2017
Topic:
Tenant Left Without Paying - Damages

ForumUser
ForumUser
We rented a room with access to the kitchen, laundry, living room --included internet, it was fully furnished and they had everything including a juicer to someone in September 2017 with the understanding that she would give the space back in the same condition and keep the space she used in the same condition and if not she would have to pay to fix or replace. When she started the stove, she lied down, fell asleep and when she awoke from smoke, she put the pot on the laminate counter top burning hole right through it. The lease was very clear -- it was low provided that they stay for 8 months -- She did not pay for the month of December and has not returned to get her stuff and did not pay for damages. She is very aggressive

Options?
12/12/2017
Topic:
Dressing For Winter - Concerns about content

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am a kindergarten teacher and we just received your posters re dressing for winter

Very disappointed to see you are still advocating the use of scarves, see this article:http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/scarf-ban-for-kids-using-winnipeg-school-playground-equipment-1.2664554

Scarves are not only dangerous, but they are almost impossible for small children to secure properly. As a teacher, I do not have time to help a class full of three, four and five year olds do up their scarves!

In addition, your video is cute but really doesn't give much info. Parents should be coached to teach their kids to dress in this order: snowpants, boots, jacket, neckwarmer, hat. Mittens are last, because kids can't do the other jobs once they are wearing them.

I wish you would research a bit more before spending all that money on posters and videos.

Thanks

Cindy

=====
Originally posted by User Cindy.Dunning in the following thread:

Can I Apply For Permanent Residency In Canada?

12/14/2017
Topic:
Tenant Not Paying Rent - Options?

ForumUser
ForumUser
we had a person living here he was to pay 400 a month. he paid a total of $100 since Nov 1. we have not seen him since Nov 25th. he also has a car that was left on my front grass no plates no insurance.

are we able to get rid of the car?
thank you
12/14/2017
Topic:
PR Card Application - Status

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Sir/madam,

I have entered Canada with my Permanent Resident Travel Document.

Upon arrival on Nov 10, I mailed out my PR Card application on Nov 20, 2017.

However, Up to now, I did not hear back from the centre if my package is well received and process.

I would appreciate it if you could point out in the correct to have any update regarding my application.

Many Thanks
12/14/2017
Topic:
Is This Covered by OHIP?

ForumUser
ForumUser
is allergy testing covered by ohip and if so what is covered
12/14/2017
Topic:
SIN - Not Sure If I Applied for My Children

ForumUser
ForumUser
How can I find out I already applied for son for my kids?