ananittarhib

all messages by user

5/17/2024
Topic:
Recording Webinar Certified English Teacher

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
kmiaguirre wrote:
Hi guys, where can I find the recording for this webinar: How to Become an Ontario Certified English Language Teacher (OCELT) from March 21st, 2023?

Thank you!

You can usually find webinar recordings on the organizer's official website or YouTube channel. You might also want to check your email for any follow-up messages from the event organizers, who often send links to the recordings. If you can't find it, try contacting the organization's support team that hosted the webinar.
5/20/2024
Topic:
got AOR/reference number, what next?

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
tangmun wrote:
i am the sponsor, i got the uci and reference number today. what do we do next?
will biometric and medical requests be mailed to my spouse who is not in canada, or me?

why did i get the uci/reference number and not my spouse, the principle applicant,?

can someone else everything please?

You've received the UCI and reference number for your spouse's immigration application, indicating progress. Typically, biometric and medical requests will be sent directly to your spouse, the principal applicant. While you received the initial numbers as the sponsor, your spouse will handle further instructions. Ensure both of you monitor communication channels and follow instructions promptly. Consider appointing an authorized representative if needed to manage the process efficiently.
5/21/2024
Topic:
Request document travel

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
gonzzalojimenez wrote:
My name is Gonzalo I am officially filling this complaint regarding my daughter's document which was sent to our previous address and returned to Ottawa and has been sitting there for almost a year.
Her name is Sara
After speaking with the IRCC on numerous occasions almost every month we have been informed that you have all the information regarding our new address I was informed on two occasions that my daughter's travel document was being sent out in 4 to 6 weeks with no avail. My last attempt after speaking with you was on April 4th 2024 when I was informed that my daughter's document had been sent out on March 5th 2024 and should wait for the six week time frame for it to arrive. Needless to say we still have not received anything.
Both my wife and I received our documents before we left our previous address. This situation has become more than frustrating both my wife and myself our working long hours and are paying our taxes. It is very difficult to call the IRCC and never get a clear response. We do realize that we are not the only people that the IRCC has to deal with but we would kindly appreciate a clear response back from you asap. We our planning a trip and we urgently need our child's document that according to the Canada post tracking number it is still sitting in Ottawa. Once again it has almost been a year since we have been waiting.
Yours truly
Gonzalo

Please provide the text of the forum thread, including the original post and any relevant replies. This context will allow me to understand the discussion and craft an appropriate response that aligns with your perspective.
5/21/2024
Topic:
got AOR/reference number, what next?

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
tangmun wrote:
i am the sponsor, i got the uci and reference number today. what do we do next?
will biometric and medical requests be mailed to my spouse who is not in canada, or me?

why did i get the uci/reference number and not my spouse, the principle applicant,?

can someone else everything please?

After receiving your UCI and reference number, track your application status online. Biometric and medical requests will be sent to your spouse, the principal applicant, not you. You received the UCI/reference number as the sponsor, but your spouse will get theirs soon. Monitor communications from IRCC and follow their instructions carefully.
27 days ago
Topic:
Services for Those with Physical Disabilities

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
mkwarnken wrote:
My wife and I are exploring the feasibility of moving to the Toronto area for a job opportunity.

We currently reside in the United States.

My wife has a disability, is largely wheelchair bound, and receives some in-home care options today. I am trying to find out what types of services would be available to her in Ontario if we move, what the qualifications are, what the rules are about spousal deeming/income eligibility, etc.

Can someone direct me to where I'd find that information either online or preferably a phone number where I could talk to someone about our particular situation?
Thanks!

Your spouse with a handicap may benefit from your relocation from the US to Toronto. Ontario Works provides social services, health benefits, financial aid, and support for finding work. Disabled people can access resources through accessibility programs such as the Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT).

People with disabilities can obtain and keep jobs with the assistance of employment support groups like Ability Learning Network and ACCESS Employment. Mobility aids and assistive equipment are provided by healthcare and support services such as attendant care and home care. Financial help and benefits might cover things like transportation, medical supplies, sensory aids, and work-related expenses. Making contact with these resources can yield comprehensive details on rules, financial considerations, eligibility requirements, and accessible help.
26 days ago
Topic:
CIC - Open Work Permit while waiting for PR

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
iggy wrote:
Hello - I have had a number of inquiries to CIC but I cannot determine how to proceed.
We applied for PR (sponsorship by spouse) and Open Work Permit at the same time.

CIC offers Open Work Permit while waiting for PR (this is a pilot test program for 2015 and 2016).

We applied more than 10 months ago and the Open Work Permit was supposed to be sent within 3 months.

We haven't heard back so we sent two inquiries and these were their responses (below).

Can you please advise what we should do in order to receive the open work permit?

Thank you in Advance and sorry for the lengthy post!
Enquiry 1:
Hi, I have submitted an application for an open work permit in combination with an application for a PR application under the common law-sponsorship category last July. I have been waiting for the open work permit for almost ten month now and all I have heard back from CIC is that they have received the application (File Number stated above). Considering the information about the new pilot program I should have received the open work permit already. I would appreciate your time to give me some more information about the status of my application. I attached the open work permit application and the receipts of payment. Thanks

Reply:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).We verified the information you provided. Unfortunately, you are not eligible to be issued an open work permit at this time, since you did not have a valid temporary resident status when we received your work permit application. Once your file is approved in principle, your work permit will be sent to you.

Enquiry 2:
Hello. We would like to clarify your response to our original enquiry in regards to the open work permit in combination with application for sponsorship of common-law partner. Original inquiry attached in pdf. Response attached in pdf format and below. Receipts attached. Your response:"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We verified the information you provided. Unfortunately, you are not eligible to be issued an open work permit at this time, since you did not have a valid temporary resident status when we received your work permit application. Once your file is approved in principle, your work permit will be sent to you." Our new enquiry: Can you clarify your statement - "once your file is approved" - does this mean the visitor visa / temporary resident application file? Do we need to extend his visitor visa in order to get the open work permit? Thank you in advance

Reply:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Maintaining a legal status during the process of a permanent residence application inside Canada

When you are in Canada, you must keep a legal temporary status until you become a permanent resident. If you do not, you could be removed from Canada. If an immigration document was issued (work permit, study permit, visitor record or temporary resident permit (TRP)) or a stamp was affixed in your passport, it indicates until what date you can stay in Canada.
In order to maintain a legal status in Canada until you become a permanent resident, you can apply to extend your status as a visitor, student, worker or TRP holder. You must do it before your current status expires. You may have to extend your status more than once during the process of your permanent residence application.

For more information, please consult the instructions about maintaining a legal status or extending a stay inside Canada provided in the Instructions Guide in the permanent residence application.

It is not possible to restore your status (get your previous status back) if more than 90 days have passed since the expiry of your visitor status.
Public Policy

For more information on the Public Policy under 25(1) of IRPA to facilitate processing in accordance with the regulations of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class, please consult the Operational Manual - Inland Processing (IP 8) - Appendix A.

What is Approval in Principle

The approval in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background verifications for you and, if applicable, your *family members.

To know how long it may take to process your application, please visit our Web site.
*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

IRCC has identified two main issues: maintaining valid temporary resident status and understanding the approval in principle for your PR application. Here are the steps to move forward: 1. Maintain valid temporary resident status by extending or restoring your visitor status. 2. Understand that approval in principle means eligibility for PR, but final decision is pending. 3. Review your current status, wait for PR approval in principle, and consider seeking legal advice if out of status for over
23 days ago
Topic:
Free English Classes for Citizens

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
nouranaps wrote:
Hello there,

My aunty has been a Canadian citizens for many years but her English level is too low to navigate independently or access work. She would like to improve her English but being a citizen she is not eligible for many language services. Are there any free English Language classes that citizens are eligible for in Hamilton, Ontario?

Yes, there are free English language classes for Canadian citizens in Hamilton, Ontario. Here are a few options:
  1. Hamilton Public Library: Offers language learning resources and free English conversation circles or classes. Check their website for details.
  2. YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford: Provides free language assessment and referral services for English classes.
  3. Hamilton Literacy Council: Offers free one-on-one tutoring for adults in reading, writing, and ESL.
  4. Mohawk College: Offers continuing education courses, including ESL classes, with some free options available.
  5. Hamilton Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB): Provides Adult Day School and continuing education classes, including ESL programs.
  6. Hamilton Immigrant Partnership Council (HIPC): May have information or partnerships offering free language classes for citizens.
Contact these organizations directly or visit their websites for more information.

4o
20 days ago
Topic:
Applying for PR while in Canada visiting on a PGP

ananittarhib
ananittarhib
Great news about getting approval to sponsor your mother for Permanent Residence!
Yes, your mother can apply for Permanent Residence from within Canada on her Super Visa. This is a great advantage as it avoids the need for her to leave the country and re-apply.
Here's how you can proceed:
  • Follow the IRCC instructions: The Invitation to Apply (ITA) should have specific instructions on submitting the Permanent Residence application. Carefully follow these guidelines.
  • Highlight her Super Visa status: In the application, clearly state that your mother is currently in Canada on a valid Super Visa.
  • 19 days ago
    Topic:
    OHIP for returning PRs

ananittarhib
    ananittarhib
    Gmohorik wrote:
    Hi there

My mom arrived in Canada end of 2021 as a PR, she had to go back to her home country for some urgent work and decided to stay there for one or the other issue, now she wants to come back but we want to confirm will her OHIP be valid since she has been out of the country for one and half years. Thank you.

Based on the information provided, it seems that your mom's OHIP coverage is likely not valid anymore since she has been out of the country for one and a half years. However, she can reapply for OHIP upon her return to Canada. To do so, she will need to re-establish her residency in Ontario by staying in the province for at least 153 days in the next 12 months. She should then visit a ServiceOntario center with the necessary documents to reapply for OHIP, including proof of Canadian citizenship or OHIP-eligible immigration status, proof of residency in Ontario, and proof of identity. It's important to note that there is typically a three-month waiting period for OHIP coverage to become active again once she has reapplied, so she may want to consider private health insurance during this time. It's recommended to contact ServiceOntario directly for accurate and detailed information specific to her situation and to ensure she has all the required documentation for the reapplication process.