Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

jammywammy

all messages by user

9/14/2018
Topic:
Wife on Visitor Visa - Free English Classes?

jammywammy
jammywammy
Hi,

I sponsored my wife (Outland application - she completed her medical and her application is under process). I applied for visitors visa for her and was approved. So She is in Canada for the next 6 months.

I am looking for free English classes (beginners/intermediate) for her in Toronto. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jammy
9/18/2018
Topic:
Wife on Visitor Visa - Free English Classes?

jammywammy
jammywammy
I will give that a go! Thank you!
5/20/2022
Topic:
Online Citizenship Application Asked to Resubmit

jammywammy
jammywammy
The Online Citizenship application for my wife was returned with the following error. if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

"Eligibility end date is the day before the date you submit your application. Provide the eligibility end date from your physical presence calculator "result.

***I have the following text in there. I entered May 5, 2022 because I submitted my application on May 6, 2022

"Year (YYYY)

Month

Day

Make sure the end date of your physical presence is 1 day before you submit your application
recalculate your physical presence
Upload new calculation
Resubmit your application"

***Following text is from Physical Presence Calculator PDF that was attached with the application

Your eligibility period is 2017-05-06 to 2022-05-05, you will need this for your application form.

Permanent residence date 2019-04-04
Application date 2022-05-06
Days within eligibility period 1,128
Total days 1,128

*day*Please note every day of physical presence as a Temporary Resident or Protected Person counts as a 0.5 daycredit Protectedcredit and you cannot be credited for any more than 365 days of Temporary Residence or time as a ProtectedPerson. aPerson. Therefore, in order to get the maximum 365 day credit you need to be physically present in Canada as aTemporary Temporary Resident or Protected Person for 730 or more days during your eligibility period.
6/2/2022
Topic:
Canadian Citizenship Application

jammywammy
jammywammy
Hi,

I submitted Citizenship Application online for my wife on May 30, 2022 and messed up the first and last name. Received the AOR today (I realized the wrong name when I got the AOR email). Please let me know how can I get the name changed? and should I wait for them to get back to me OR should I contact them?

Thank you!
5/28/2023
Topic:
PR want to sponsor my niece

jammywammy
jammywammy
Hi,

My husband citizen and I am PR (soon to be citizen gave the test now waiting for the citizen process to move forward).

I am pregnant and want to have my niece (in Pakistan - age 20) come help with me during my pregnancy. I have the following questions

1. How can I have my niece come to Canada? What's the best method? Visit visa?

2. Can I have her come on nany visa? If yes then what's the process?

3.any other advice?

Thanks
6/1/2023
Topic:
PR want to sponsor my niece

jammywammy
jammywammy
Thanks how do I find a registered immigration consultant? I don't wanna get scammed ...what should I look for?

Also what are the pros and cons for getting a lawyer vs immigration consultant?
6/22/2023
Topic:
New Adult Passport Application Question

jammywammy
jammywammy
HI,

For new Adult Passport Application you are required to produce 2 references. I managed to find one friend (Canadian Citizen) but for my second reference, can sister-in-laws husband (he is PR) be listed as reference?

Thanks